• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Pending More detailed permissions system for currencies?

Augustus

Customer
Hey there,

We've been having a lot of fun with Credits and Shop on Xenforo (thank you again, Cosmic if you see this!) and I'm here to suggest the possibility of a more robust permissions system to determine whether a group can access a particular currency and whether it can be transferred to.

We've integrated our DBCredits and DBShop together, and these currencies below are all integrated with DBShop.

Let me walk you through what we currently use on the forum for our roleplaying currencies:

*Base currency: Bronze Pieces* (Value of 1)
Silver Solars (1 = 100 Bronze Pieces, Value of 100)
Gold Crowns (1 = 100 Silver Solars, Value of 10000)

<The three above are the public currencies, for every level of member. They're currencies of account and personal finance.>
<The three below are restricted currencies used for world building and development. Transfer is turned off for them.>

Platinum Arias (Value of 100) We attribute it to value 100 Gold Crowns.
Platinum Ravens (Value of 1000) We attribute it to value 500 Gold Crowns.
Platinum Sovereigns (Value of 10000) We attribute it to value 1000 Gold Crowns.

Since the Platinum currencies are restricted, we'd like only a select number of groups to use them, and we've been having trouble universally setting the restrictions without meaning that they'd get automatic access to any similar currencies that we make in the future.

Ideally, we'd like a check box or range of check boxes on the advanced setting of each currency to determine what usergroup can view, earn, transfer, or spend them.

We'd also like a check box or range of text boxes in the currency advanced settings or events page which will determine what currencies a currency can be transferred to.

Thank you in advance!

~A

Upvote 0
Back