madness85

Customer
as long as a user has thier browser window open in XF, there is a java script that runs periodically to update alerts and other messages that come on screen. That keeps the session alive with XF

Is anything like this possible for VB? keeps the session alive

To my knowledge there's no such option for vB, that doesn't also mis-represent the number of online users.

To expand: If, say, you made it so nobody ever goes Idle in the Shoutbox, and each time the Shoutbox refreshes it updates the "last activity" of a user, nobody would ever be shown as logged out, and could cause issues for your members such as not knowing whether their friends are AFK or ignoring them, etc.

To my knowledge there's no such option for vB, that doesn't also mis-represent the number of online users.

To expand: If, say, you made it so nobody ever goes Idle in the Shoutbox, and each time the Shoutbox refreshes it updates the "last activity" of a user, nobody would ever be shown as logged out, and could cause issues for your members such as not knowing whether their friends are AFK or ignoring them, etc.

Ye I'm not sure how the can be implemented but I think it a great feature for xen. So are you saying it's not possible to create a addon for vb that will offer the same results?

Back