Bug Issue with Ajax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Customer
Hi, I have a custom AJAX solution on my site that I coded myself. It updates every minute and shows latest posts. The links to these posts show the correct SEO'd urls at first, but once it updates they link to the default vBulletin urls instead.

From a purely visual standpoint, this isn't an issue, since the urls redirect to the SEO'd urls. The problem, however, is that loading from these default vBulletin urls adds 3-4 seconds to the load time due to the fact that it has to redirect first. I've tested this several times and clicking the SEO'd urls is very fast, but clicking the default vBulletin urls takes much longer to load.

I came from vBSEO, which had an AJAX plugin that loaded at the hook location "ajax_start". This was never an issue with vBSEO due to this. If I were to create an additional plugin and load it at AJAX start, can I load one of the global_complete or init_startup DBSEO plugins to fix this issue? If not, is there another way to solve this? It's really frustrating waiting 3-4 extra seconds for these threads to load when this was not a problem before.

Thoughts?

I don't believe that adding a plugin to ajax_start will resolve this. I recommend you update your AJAX solution to take advantage of vBulletin's XML Builder class. DBSEO runs code on render of XML output, which you can parse with JavaScript in much the same way you parse JSON, and achieve the same effect but with perfect DBSEO integration :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back