Bug installation error

Status
Not open for further replies.

manucod

Customer

Stack trace​

#0 src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(427): Composer\Autoload\{closure}('/var/www/html/f...')
#1 [internal function]: Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->loadClass('DBTech\\Security...')
#2 [internal function]: spl_autoload_call('DBTech\\Security...')
#3 src/XF/Util/Php.php(66): class_exists('DBTech\\Security...')
#4 src/XF/Util/Php.php(128): XF\Util\Php::validateCallback('DBTech\\Security...', 'appPubSetup', NULL, true)
#5 src/XF/Entity/CodeEventListener.php(47): XF\Util\Php::validateCallbackPhrased('DBTech\\Security...', 'appPubSetup', NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1371): XF\Entity\CodeEventListener->_preSave()
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1224): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->preSave()
#8 src/XF/AddOn/DataType/CodeEventListener.php(73): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#9 src/XF/Job/AddOnData.php(110): XF\AddOn\DataType\CodeEventListener->importAddOnData('DBTech/Security', Object(SimpleXMLElement), 0, 8)
#10 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): XF\Job\AddOnData->run(8)
#11 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#12 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(118): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#13 src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php(122): XF\Job\Manager->runByIds(Array, 8)
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Tools', 'RunJob', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#17 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#18 src/XF/App.php(2487): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#19 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#20 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#21 {main}

Request state​

array(4) {
["url"] => string(30) "/forum/admin.php?tools/run-job"
["referrer"] => string(47) "forum/admin.php?tools/run-job"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["tools/run-job"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["_xfRedirect"] => string(124) "forum/admin.php?add-ons/DBTech-Security/finalize&t=1714553485,fb362b2431ebd860147f7d7746cc1478&a=install"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["only_ids"] => string(3) "307"
}
}

I'm running PHP 7.3 for good reasons and I don't plan to change this.

now obviously because I tried to install it like this and it failed during the installation the addon is in a broken state. I can't uninstall it because then the whole forum breaks because of missing things for listeners and other stuff.

which version can I attempt to install with PHP 7.3 hopefully recupperating everything that way without having to now manually delete any crap this add-on installed ( routes extensions listeners etc.)

I obviously didn't try to install the version that is only compatible with 7.4 and higher. I went for the one before that first so 4.6.8

Also for clarification I already tried uninstalling it but uninstall button does not appear. because it wants to get installed. If I delete the add-on I can't reach any page on my forum be it the forum itself or the admin panel.

It's quite broken and I need a fast resolution on this. I fear that as long as this is in a broken state I may not install any other add-on

Last edited:
in order to finish the installation I had a look and it looks to be related to the product code so I hacked my way around it since it was just that thing.

class Listener
{
/**
* The product ID (in the DBTech store)
* @var int
*/
//protected static int $_productId = 345;

/**
* @param \XF\Pub\App $app
*/
public static function appPubSetup(\XF\Pub\App $app): void
{
/DBTECH_BRANDING_START/
// Make sure we fetch the branding array from the application
$branding = $app->offsetExists('dbtech_branding') ? $app->dbtech_branding : [];

// Add productid to the array
$branding[] = 345 ;//self::$_productId;

// Store the branding
$app->dbtech_branding = $branding;
/DBTECH_BRANDING_END/
}

PHP 7.3 has been EOL for many years at this point and under no circumstances should you still be running it. No support can be provided for such an ancient version of PHP, sorry.

1. well in order to somewhat be able to uninstall it I had to hack my way around it to get it to finish to install the first time. changing PHP isn't as easy as clapping your hands.

2. This would not have happened if this was mentioned in the proper versions. the only version that mentions that PHP 7.4 or higher should be used is the latest one. 4.6.8 DOES NOT mention that you have to use 7.4 or higher. this is the case for multitude of version of the add-on not only 4.7 and 4.6.8.

3. The same issue happens with eCommerce. you should fix and mention minimal version of PHP 7.4 in more than just the latest versions of those two add-ons.

4. this almost bricked the forum and I had to resort to all kinds of fun stuff to fix it up so I could even log back into the ACP.

In my defence, you are quite literally the first person who has run into any trouble due to running a version of PHP that stopped receiving security updates 3 years ago.

That being said, in the future I will be introducing a change to the download screen that will load a block detailing the XenForo / PHP version requirements of any given version. That update will roll out when I upgrade this site to XenForo 2.3.

Hello @manucod,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Security has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Security

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating