Question Including the NOODP Meta Tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

1quicksi

Customer
When Google ling my site I found that the description was ancient, to the tune of about 10 years!
I started to look as to what and why it was being shown and I found this...

Prevent the DMOZ Description in Google from Showing Up

Google now supports a new meta tag with the “NOODP” content to indicate that we don’t want descriptions pulled from DMOZ. So we just need to add a little snippet in our site’s header and we’re done. There are many ways to do this. Most SEO plugins have an area to insert HTML and Javascript snippets. But if you’re looking for a method that is less bound to a specific plugin, use “Header and Footer” instead.

Install and activate the plugin and under the “Settings” menu on the left, click “Header and Footer”. Now under the “Page head and footer” tab next to the section labeled “Code to be added on HEAD section of every page”, enter the following code snippet.

<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOODP">...

Is there a way to have this added to the current? Or does this need to be a feature request?

TIA

You can achieve this by using the Replacement Variable system in vBulletin templates; add a new replacement for the </head> tag, and replace it with <meta name="robots" content="noodp" /></head>

I don't want to add free-form HTML/JS inputs into this mod as I do not want this mod to become a possible vector for exploits, and it would be beyond my expertise to properly sanitise the inputs to prevent any and all malicious HTML/JS from being inserted.

Seems there is already a replacement variable set... can I do this?

<meta name="google-site-verification" content="SomeLongStringofNumbersAndLetters" /><meta name="robots" content="noodp" /></head>

Hello 1quicksi,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings