Status
Not open for further replies.

angeljs

Customer
I'm not sure how to integrate with vBcredits. At the moment, credits and activity are showing different amounts, is this normal?

Thanks

It is not designed to be used as a points system primarily, but if you want to, you can select it from the dropdown in the currency manager of vBCredits.

Hi, thanks for your reply, but it looks complicated. I'm not sure what to input into the text fields under the Transfer Currency facility :(

There is, but selecting that opens up a selection of text fields. I'm just afraid I might mess something up

The pre-populated fields should be enough, but Darkwaltz4 should be able to answer that :)

Hi, I've done all that, but both mods are still showing different amounts. I've run the maintenance to update them both, but still nothing.

The events from vBCredits do not directly correlate to the activity types in vBActivity. They are two separate systems that do their own calculations.

For example, one may not consider soft-deleted posts while the other one does, plus there are actions in one not present in the other.

As Fillip H. explained, vBActivity is concerned with measuring activity, and the exposed points for use as a currency is merely as a courtesy for those looking for basic integration; but since you are using vBCredits, I recommend just using that specifically for your currency needs because it was built for that, and leaving vBActivity to keep its measurement for itself.

Now, if you are trying to use a single point type across the whole site, you can use vBActivity's points within vBCredits, but then you have to leave the vBActivity actions to vBActivity only, and any supplements done by vBCredits may skew the calculations in vBActivity, because again vBActivity is using its point field for measurement.

Oookaaay...I think I'm starting to understand. Is there any way to stop Activity from showing points across the board and instead just showing the actual activity bars etc.? If you know what I mean!

I don't think you can hide the points display, if there's nothing in the options for it :)

Okay, I think I understand now, I've managed to add multiple currencies across the board. Can my members transfer from one currency to the other?

I can't seem to find the way to transfer from one to the other as a member. Where will that be, please?

Just tagging Darkwaltz4 and Fillip H. to make sure they see this.

Off the top of my head, with vBCredits the users click on the "Credits" link in the postbit and can then transfer at will, one of the guys will confirm =)

Cosmic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBActivity & Awards

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings