Status
Not open for further replies.

mybetinfo

Customer
Hi,
I want to make contests on my forum : http://mybetinfo.net

All i need is a contest each month that will count points from most activities, and i want to offer prizes in free bets, or even real money.

How do i do that ? I added award so i can add prize, but i don't like that, because the award is at awards, i don't wanna be there, prizes will change from month to month i can't have to many awards.

Any better ideea ?

Also i made a contest and the contest didn't appeared on contest section.

Unfortunately there's no way to create a contest that gives any other prizes than Awards at this time :(

The contest will not show in the contest section because it is currently running. We felt that having it show there would potentially undermine an admin's choice of either announcing or not announcing the contest themselves :)

Will be nice to allow us to set prizes, should not be hard to add this extra option, is very usefull, don't you think ? regarding the announcement, also will be nice to let us set then if we wish to apear or not, so will be 10 times more ok, could you do that in next versions ?

Adding prizes would require a significant rewrite of the contests system, but we will look into it for future versions :)

Why would be so hard ? you can set an option to chose custom prizes, then just make some fields to store thsoe prizes, and that's it, prizes will be atached to that contest, nothing to heavy to hardcode if you ask me, but maybe i;m missing something.

thank's for support.

I will ask here my next question hope this is ok, how to set the achievements display only last achievements from their category, for example is useless to show 1 01 100 300 500 posts achievements should be only 500 ! Like have vbexperience, so how can i do that ? the only setting i see is related to the number of last achievements to display.

Or tell me where can i find a complete documentation of this product ?

Last edited:
Are you using the included .xml file or did you build your Achievements from scratch?

I used from import, but also made some custom based on settings from default made.

Just tell me how can i do that ? Is something related to parent ? or saomething like that ? Just tell me the options.

I'm not 100% sure but I think the "parent" is what will do what you want.

I don't recall if I added that functionality to the postbit display yet but if not, I will do so in a future version :)

Ok, i hope you will do it also a good documentation, because there are so many question. Now i see how i get 1 7 30 90 and 1 year :)) should be only the last one, please remember what's with parent category or what's that setting because i don't know.

The parent thing is not for that, i just set one parent and is same thing, anyway, let me know what i have to change because this is annoing to have all icons there, i need only the last icon from each category. Will be much apreciated.

1. How long will take you to implement this future ?

2. Also there is a bug, after i set at achievements a parent, after i select no parent and give save doesn't save the option with no parent, will be back with parent.

3. Also i have another questions, tags given and tags received are tags of posts from forum ?

4. And another question, i've made a contest, i will announce that in a new thread, but where can they see the status of the contest ?

for example i made a contest for today, 3 prizes, they have to reach 100 points to get one of the prizes, where can be seen those details, how can they see how much point they need till they have 100 ?

5. And another question, where can they see how many points are given for each action ?

Last edited:
I just added few more questions, thank's in advance.

Regarding the contest i finished with one user the job, and apear on winners in amdin side but next 2 users doesn't apear even if they made over 100 points. Any ideea why ? I still think making public the contest is better. Will be nice to see pending and showing in real time the winners.

Last edited:
1. How long will take you to implement this future ?
We can't give timelines for product updates that haven't been scheduled :(

2. Also there is a bug, after i set at achievements a parent, after i select no parent and give save doesn't save the option with no parent, will be back with parent.
I'll look into that for the next version.

3. Also i have another questions, tags given and tags received are tags of posts from forum ?
No, from the "Advanced User Tagging" mod.

4. And another question, i've made a contest, i will announce that in a new thread, but where can they see the status of the contest ?

for example i made a contest for today, 3 prizes, they have to reach 100 points to get one of the prizes, where can be seen those details, how can they see how much point they need till they have 100 ?
There's no status tracking page for the reason I mentioned above. We will look into making this optional in the future.

5. And another question, where can they see how many points are given for each action ?
Points Settings.

Regarding points settings, i mean how they can see not me, i know there i can set the points but where can useres see how many points they will receive ?

also Regarding the contest i finished with one user the job, and apear on winners in amdin side but next 2 users doesn't apear even if they made over 100 points. Any ideea why ? I still think making public the contest is better. Will be nice to see pending and showing in real time the winners.

Uoff, this script is full of bugs, i thought if we pay so for it it is better then vbexperience.

http://mybetinfo.net/vbactivity.php?do=contests Check this, is messy, i do not understand a thing, why there are not 3 winners ? If i set 3 winners ?

Let me explain you,

The contest should have 3 winners,

the first user leonard was declared winner ok nothing wrong he was first to reach 100 points, then when i hit edit i could not set all 3 prizes let me to set only 2nd and 3rd prizes, WHY ? also i set to end the contest at 18:00 and look how wrong it is http://mybetinfo.net/vbactivity.php?do=contests only one winners and at prizes is shown only 2 and 3 prize,

Sorry mate but is anyone testing this software ? I bought this because i needed for contest and now i see i can not use for that, please help me !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBActivity & Awards

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back