• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Question Hide function not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am usually very capable at getting Modifications working but the hide function of part of a post content isn't working for me.

I have been through numerous threads and seen the Hide BBcode is only there for pro which I have but I cannot see the hide bbcode anywhere??

Images from my ACP

27-06-2014 21-58-11.jpg

27-06-2014 21-56-20.jpg

Even when I manually enter this bbcode in the editor [ HIDE ]content here[ /HIDE ] (-spaces so I can show) it doesn't work either and yes I am ticking the the button require thanks to see content under the editor.

I have gone through the documentation given with the download and allot of the instructions are missing?

27-06-2014 22-03-56.jpg

I see your bbcode is showing fine here so where's mine?

27-06-2014 22-07-11.jpg

Last edited:
That was a BBCode we added manually, the function works perfectly fine without the button in the editor :)

Did you read any of my post......

On vb.org it states with the pro version the bbcode is added automatically so where is it?

Also the part about where the hide function doesn't work even when I type in the bbcode manually [HIDEetc...

Please read through my starting post carefully as I took time to explain it the best I can with images, I would appreciate you making the same effort in reading it.

Last edited:
Did you read any of my post......
Yes, I did. That's why I was able to answer it :)

On vb.org it states with the pro version the bbcode is added automatically
No, it doesn't. I have checked the vBulletin.org release thread and there is no mention of a HIDE BBCode being added automatically.

Also the part about where the hide function doesn't work even when I type in the bbcode manually [HIDEetc...
What do you mean by "doesn't work"? Are you trying to view your own post? If so, the hidden content will be revealed.

The Hide bbcode is to hide part of a thread so by saying this above

"Even when I manually enter this bbcode in the editor [ HIDE ]content here[ /HIDE ] (-spaces so I can show) it doesn't work either and yes I am ticking the the button require thanks to see content under the editor."

When I say doesn't work it means it doesn't hide part of the content (sort of self explanatory tbh) even when logged in as another user.

The thread title gives it away :eek:

As for automatically adding the BBcode it is here. I always read before asking questions.

[DBTech] Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3 (vB4) [AJAX] - Page 47 - vBulletin.org Forum

vBulletin.org Forum - View Single Post - [DBTech] Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3 (vB4) [AJAX]

vBulletin.org Forum - View Single Post - [DBTech] Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3 (vB4) [AJAX]

Are they any know conflicts with this and any other modifications?

The Hide bbcode is to hide part of a thread so by saying this above

When I say doesn't work it means it doesn't hide part of the content (sort of self explanatory tbh) even when logged in as another user.

The thread title gives it away :eek:
Sorry, but it's extremely rare that "doesn't work" is an adequate description of an issue.
Ex.: A calculator "doesn't work". Okay, does that mean it doesn't turn on? Does it give the incorrect answers? If so, does it only give incorrect answers with certain calculations (such as division)?

I cannot think of a single instance where "it doesn't work", with no description of what the expected output and what the actual output is, adequately explains the situation and enables anyone to diagnose the issue.

This, on the other hand, is the exact information I need, thank you :) I now know that it's not an issue of checking your own post as yourself, and that the issue is not that the content between the HIDE BBCode simply disappears.

Could you try disabling all other modifications, and remove any manually added HIDE BBCode from the AdminCP?

If you check the last post linked there, it says that you shouldn't add any BBCode to the BBCode Manager, meaning that it may not work correctly if it's added there.

That being said, I completely understand how all three of those posts are ambiguous. To settle the matter: There is no BBCode automatically installed, and it's not required for the functionality of the mod. Adding it manually is unsupported, and may cause conflicts.

Its like this. I have had this modification for years now, the pro version that is. I bought it again from this site, upgraded the installation on my forum and now it doesn't do what it did previous by hiding part of the content of a post.

Your attitude in this thread has put off buying anything else from here in all honesty and put me off trying to even bother getting this working, you're too clever for your own good and I have no time or patience to argue with you about it so I would just prefer a refund.

If you could refund my purchase and i will go back to the old "working" one that I have already paid for.

Many thanks.

Its like this. I have had this modification for years now, the pro version that is. I bought it again from this site, upgraded the installation on my forum and now it doesn't do what it did previous by hiding part of the content of a post.
I understand this now, and from your previous post I have the exact circumstances in which it's not working as intended.

Your attitude in this thread has put off buying anything else from here in all honesty and put me off trying to even bother getting this working, you're too clever for your own good and I have no time or patience to argue with you about it so I would just prefer a refund.
I'm sorry that you feel that way. My intention was never to be "too clever for my own good", I just wanted additional information and I explained why "doesn't work" is not an adequate description under any circumstances.

In my previous post, I asked for you to perform additional debug steps to determine whether a mod conflict may be the root cause of the issue. A recent upgrade to APTL could have introduced a conflict with another modification on your forum, and I would like your assistance in diagnosing this.

Alternatively, I could perform the same diagnostics on your site if you would PM me with an FTP and AdminCP account.

If you could refund my purchase and i will go back to the old "working" one that I have already paid for.
If I am unable to get the modification working after performing both of the above diagnostics (either one of us disabling all other modifications, and me looking into it on your site if that doesn't fix it) you will be entitled to a full refund as per our policies.

If you do not wish to spend more time diagnosing this issue, please PM me with an FTP and AdminCP account and I will do everything I can to get it working on your site.

Hi I have sent you a private message.

Another thing I need looking at if possible.

Whenever I get or anyone else gets a like now it links straight to your activity on a users profile rather than going to the likes or thanks tab to show who gave likes/thanks and what for?!

I have left a likes and a thank you in place on your account to show you whats happening.

T.I.A.

Hi I have sent you a private message.
I have resolved the issue, it was a configuration problem. All your usergroups have the "Bypass button click requirement" usergroup permission turned on in the vBulletin Usergroup Manager. I have removed it from Members and Administrators and I can now confirm the block shows up as intended.

Whenever I get or anyone else gets a like now it links straight to your activity on a users profile rather than going to the likes or thanks tab to show who gave likes/thanks and what for?!
This is a bug in vBSEO. DBSEO does not have the same flaw, and fixing it requires editing vBSEO. I don't remember the edits necessary, as they were done for us by the vBSEO support team over 2 years ago when we were still using vBSEO.

Unfortunately I will be unable to assist you with this issue as a result :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Post Thanks / Like

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings