Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackko

Customer
Hi,
today I bought a lifetime licence to replace my AWC system by vBDonate.
However I am not sure if I was too fast to buy...as I don't really get along with vBDonate yet.

Hope somebody can help me to get clarity.

Below is what I had before with AWC (unfortunately with each upgrade of VB problems increased....), and what I want to have again.

The users shall be able to order/subscribe to 4 different levels, valid for one year

5.00€ bronze sponsor
10.00€ silber sponsor
20.00€ gold sponsor
50.00 platinum sponsor

after having donated sucessfully, the user shall receive a logo or status displaying his sponsorship level in the postbit

If a sponsor donated the second, third, fourth... year, this should be reflected in his status as well e.g. "gold - second year"

If somehow possible I would also like to have the old AWC transactions imported.
I discovered an import agent, but unfortunately I have uninstalled AWC before, so the database tables have been removed.
However....before I did some updates yesterday I have backed up the db with MySQLdumper. Maybe it would be possible to use the tables out of this backup?

Any hint or help aprecciated

J.

If you restore the tables to the database, then yes, you should in theory still be able to use the imported (Though I've not personally tried that procedure).

Regarding your question about the awards/ranks, it's not a feature of the mod (though there is an option to display an award for the user to show they have contributed) to create levels, though I'm sure this is something we can look at adding in the future.

Does that help?

Thanks,
this helps, at least in respect of clarity.
So I guess I'll put my licence in the drawer, wait until you might have added some features, and until then see if I can find another addon which might be able to provide what I intend to use.
Too bad I didn't ask before buying license and professional install, but clearly my fault, no worries.
J.

Either that, or you can manually add usergroups that display what you are wanting and then drop a user into the relevant usergroup for now. It would achieve effectively the same thing.

I've got some plans in place to begin work on vBDonate v2, as well as some of the other mods I personally look after over the coming months. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDonate

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
Mokonzi
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back