Question hash tags and group mentions not working after update

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDadie

Customer
as far as I can tell, all the files were updated correctly on my server. our settings have group mentions and hash tags enabled but they don't work. they did work before I updated the files. can I get someone to take a look at this or give me a push in the right direction please?

I can provide ftp access if needed.

before the update, posting #hastag would make it a link that could be searched for. now it simply posts as plain text.

posting @staff would send a mention notice to all of my moderators. now that only posts as plain text as well.

both options are set to active in my admin cp.

I rolled the files back to the previous version and its still the same thing.
username mentioning still works just fine and all the stats are still intact, but the hashtags and group mentions do not.

I have a forum account set up with admin permissions you could use to take a look as well as ftp access should it be needed. I would really like to get this fixed asap.

Please try disabling all other modifications, as it sounds likely you have a mod conflict.

done, let it run for 24 hours. still not working.

everything was working as it was suppose to until the update. no additions were made nor were any other settings changed. all we did was update the files on the server and upload the xml to the new ver of this mod. only @ mentioning has worked since.

can you tell me what file contains the tagging/quotes/mention stats please so I can make a back up copy? at this point I'm just going to remove all reference of this mod from my server/vb and re-install it.

this is still not working for me. I'm also having an issue when when a user quotes someone, they get a notification that they have been quoted. only way I see to fix that is to turn off quote notifications. can I get someone to take a look at these issues or what?

I'll need an FTP account, the account of an affected user as well as the account of a test user I can use to quote the affected user.

If you PM me with this info, I'll look into it as soon as I can :)

I had a friend who knows far more than I about these things look into this for me. he found a few files in my includes folder that were not complete or corrupt in some way. I re-downloaded the updated mod, removed all files associated with it from my server, re-upped the mod and it seems to be working correctly right now. If I have any further issues I'll let you know. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced User Tagging

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back