Bug "#" Hash tag problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmwfans

Customer
Hello! We have justed added this great module.

However we face a strange problem. Everything seems to work OK, except hash tags!

If you enter #something nothing happened!

Options are enabled in admincp and users can see "Hash Tag Subscriptions" option inside their control panel.

Is this a bug or do we need to configure something else in order for # to be enabled?

Thank you very much for your support :)

Make sure the "Cannot Use "Hash Tags" " usergroup permission is not set to Yes.

Please try disabling all other modifications as you may have a conflict.

Update regarding the problem.

I manage to replicate the problem into a new test installation of vbulletin platform with and without plugins and custom templates.
Everything is OK with hash tags when you install a pro on a clean system.

The root for the problem caused from the upgrade Lite to Pro!

Despite the fact that I copied the new files of pro edition into the server with the option of replacing all the files with the same name (prior to Lite installation) and I uninstalled the lite product from the admin panel and then installed the Pro xml, boom here is the glitch!

I have also noticed that in the footer either the name of the product says Lite instead of Pro which I truly believe that confirm our perception about the problem.

Please give us instructions regarding the possible extra files that need to be removed from lite to pro in order to solve this mulfunction, or give us detailed instructions on how to completely uninstall the product and any possible leftover in the database (may need to run a query?) in order to solve the issue.

Thank you very much for your support :)

Last edited:
The Lite version does not have the "Hash Tags" feature, so it's impossible for this to be the cause of the issue you're facing.
No files need to be removed when upgrading from Lite to Pro, as the Pro version will overwrite any Lite files as well as add new ones.

If you PM me with FTP and AdminCP information, I can look into this issue @ your site :)

Thank you Fillip H. for the fast reply :)
We know that Lite does not have the hash tag function and here is the problem.
The upgrade to Pro or even the uninstall of Lite and then the installation of Pro cause the issue. The system somehow get confused and for that reason we still have in the footer Lite instead of Pro despite the fact that inside AdminCP under Plugins & Products we see DragonByte Tech: Advanced User Tagging (Pro).

You have a pm!

Thank you very much!

The problem was that the Pro files for AUT had not been uploaded. Upgrading from Lite to Pro involves uploading all files before importing the product XML file, not just importing the product XML file.

Inside the dbtech folder there was a usertag_pro folder. It seems that something went wrong with the files inside this folder and we didn't realise it. In any case thank you very much for your support and the resolution. The hash tag is now working!!! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced User Tagging

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back