Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimrod

Customer
Feature request! :D

Do you think it would be possible down the line to add Google Authorship support to the CMS, Blog and Forum via DBSEO?

A few ways it could work:

In the AdminCP allow us to assign Google Profile URL's to specific users, say for example Staff who are more likely to write quality guides, news or reviews on the forum. While it would be a manual process, it's quick and easy way for staff to get authorship.

Alternatively, add it as an option in UserCP for a user to provide these details which is then automatically added in.

For each of these, it would only be for either the CMS Article, Blog Post or if they are the Thread Starter on the forum.

Cheers :)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Certainly an interesting idea, I'll have to read up on just what that is (and whether I can set it automatically).

I know Dylan has worked with GAuthor briefly for his Reviews mod.

Certainly an interesting idea, I'll have to read up on just what that is (and whether I can set it automatically).

I know Dylan has worked with GAuthor briefly for his Reviews mod.

That's awesome your considering it :)

When Googling to see if anyone else has done it before, I found this forum did:
Claim Google authorship on your forum threads - Money Making Experts

But the plugin was sadly never made public.

Couple more idea's to throw into the mix:

While having it for everything in the Blog and CMS makes sense, for the Forum side of things. Perhaps allowing Forum ID's to be put into the DBSEO Control Panel for where it's allowed. For example we have Guide / Review forums, for those having authorship on makes sense. Where's in a Help forum where your giving one or two liners, you don't want Google to authorship that as it will give you a low author score.

Alternatively, maybe approach it on a thread by thread bases, having it as a tick box to select when posting the thread (similar to how that forum did it I linked to above).

However in general, it seems Authorship is a great SEO tool, especially when you have full on content in your forums like reviews/guides :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back