Status
Not open for further replies.

Solein

Customer
When the image got a wider width the "Viewing Image" screen shows very buggy on fixed themes. Lets see the error on Dragonbyte web (see the attached image). How can I fix this?. I want the the image and the right info panel properly placed into the fixed width limits.

Attachments

• gallery_bad.jpg
    gallery_bad.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 9
Im not skipping this or ignoring it, just takes me longer to figure out CSS problems because it's not my best subject heh. I'm working on it though, will try and have it fixed before I release 1.2.1.

Does it look better on here now?

I have a feeling, depending on the fixed width you have and the size of the image you allow, you might run into overrun problems.

I think I'm going to be a default display width setting in the gallery instance. Right now you can go to your profile and edit your information to set what you want the largest image to display. Then you have the option to enlarge it to full size when viewing. I'll try and make it slide out better though and not kick the blocks off the side.

So if you have a 800px fixed width forum then you'll be able to let them upload 800x600 images byt set the default image display width to be like 550 and it'll all fit nice. Users who have different resolution could set their own width per gallery.

It's the best way I can think of solving the problem, I'm open to ideas though :)

Yes, now its fixed here :).

- My doc width (via stylevar editor) is 1115px
- I've set in aditional.css this paramter: #picturelink img {max-width: 550px;}

Here is the result on a 1200x900px image:

gallery-bad2.jpg

I think the overrrun occurs when the original image gets resized... don`t know why, Im not very experienced with advanced CSS styling :P

Maybe it would be better -as you said- to set a default width setting in the gallery instance.

ah I see the problem there, a bit different then here. It's taking 100% of the browser page instead of it's container, so it's not sticking to the style width. I'll have to get that fixed.
Is that your own style or a vb.org style I can download and try?

Is that your own style or a vb.org style I can download and try?

Is a commercial style a bit modified by me.

Would be awesome if you could tell me what modifications are needed.

Note: On the prior vBgallery version I managed to fixed it by editing the "dbtech_gallery_view_image_vb" template adding a "width: 100%;" in the image div:

Code:
<div class="table" style="margin: 0 auto; width: 100%;">

Unfortunately this quick fix don't work on the latest version :(

If you want to give me temp admin access I can take a look in a bit and see if I can figure it out

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

I figured it out, the gallery_image_full template had a min width set that was taking all the space. I removed that and it's all fitting again heh
I'll figure out what to do with that before I release the next bugfix which will hopefully be tonight

lol this was really fast!

Now is working fine.

Im also noticed too the min-width thing by examining the code using Firebug but couldn't find how to fix. Good work Dylan :cool:.

Status
Not open for further replies.