Status
Not open for further replies.

VJ9A

Customer
Do I get it to save my settings when ticking disable?
After adding 2 new buttons I can no longer get Forum manager to save anything I try to disable. It may have been after I added a few more forums I really am not 100% sure.
When I click on any to disable then save it does not save the settings and only keeps the earlier settings.
I'm sure I'm over looking something but I think I have tried about everything,
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
If you're running PHP 5.3.9 or higher, you need to check the max_input_vars setting in the View PHP Info page of your AdminCP.

If it's set to any less than 10000 you need to edit that in your php.ini (you'll find the location of php.ini up top, in Loaded Configuration File). Once you've done so, and restarted the web server, you should find it's working :)

After checking the setting it is currently set at 1000 and the version is 5.3.14
Thank you for your prompt reply.

To elaborate; that setting is meant to be a security feature, to prevent malicious scripts from loading too many form elements per form. Trouble is, it does exactly 0 to increase security because nothing is stopping the malicious scripts from simply splitting their forms.

Malicious users don't need to take user friendliness into consideration when creating scripts for personal use, they know how it works already. For a legitimate user like me, who's trying to make the easiest interface possible, splitting the form is not an option. Thus, for people with lots of usergroups / forums, this problem occurs :(

Now I have a bigger problem and am very confused.
We had to upgrade the package to a VPS so we could edit the php.ini file.
Now the trouble starts!
This upgrade was supposed to be unnoticeable but it killed the forum and they lost all the back ups.
Glad I downloaded all to my computer.
Now many plugins are broken and the server is in safe mode.
I also noticed that we no longer have php 5.3.9 but 5.2.9 with Suhosin.
The Host insists that VBulletin is missing files and that is where the problem is at but at this point I don't believe it.
Any advice would be welcomed.
Thank You

Can you be more specific about any errors you're receiving?

The errors are the same that we had with max_vars setting.
The problem is now it says server type Linux Safe mode.
That used to say just Linux.
Suhosin settings need to be higher but whenever any adjustment is made the server goes 500 error.
Editing the .htaccess file also results in 500 error.
I don't understand how the php versions changed or how Suhosin appeared or why we are in safe mode.

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /home/tonysfam/public_html/dbtech/registration/includes/class_register.php on line 299"
Also the above quote appeared after the upgrade and was never a issue before.
I am having a hard time believing that this is all caused by missing VB files and not the php versions changing from 5.3.14 to 5.2.9

Last edited:
You are absolutely correct, missing vB files are 100% irrelevant to the issues caused by Suhosin and that error message. If vB files were missing, you wouldn't be able to get as far as the page you're having issues with.

Suhosin works the same way as the max_input_vars does, limiting the amount of form elements that can be submitted, because security. I guess they believe malicious hackers are too stupid to split their big forms into multiple smaller ones, or something...

If you can get back on 5.3 (where Suhosin / Safe Mode thankfully doesn't work) then that'd be optimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Post Thanks / Like

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back