Status
Not open for further replies.

bosss

Customer
For now i unistalled this version - 1.4.0 beta 1 - for many bugs ..same problem you have here on site ... show ajaxed treads and link is to vbdownloads pro ...also when vbdownloads is disabled ... come no message to users when click on nav tab - just empty block ...and in admincp in settings is message ...also admin permissions is empty text ...yoiu can click yes - no but no text ....

You should test paid product before send emails about updates and show respect for customers ... we have no so much time to investigate for you ... we paid and will have working products ..and no problems.

For now i unistalled this experimental product and also do not think so that will continue buy something from you (have 10 paid products and all have problems and bugs!

regards

bosss

Hi there,

Sorry you are experiencing issues with the product in it's current state, but it has been completely re written and some issues are bound to come up. :( The products are tested before release, but it is rather difficult to find all the bugs testing on a system by yourself while developing the product.

I fixed the footer issue already as I stated in the other thread. :)

Please try to remember this is marked as a beta, and if you don't have the time to report the bugs, or look for them, you can always stay on the previous version, until the product goes "Gold". The Devs here understand that sometimes people just don't have the time to do such things. I don't know if you read the news release thread, but here is a quote snippet out of it.

Please note that vBDownloads v1.4 is currently a beta - as this is a complete re-write rather than a simple feature update please be aware there may be slightly more bugs than usual. You should however find all of the existing bugs are now gone and that the product is quicker and more feature packed now, as well as allowing us to more easily add new features and fix bugs as reported by you guys.

Thanks for posting, and hopefully soon all the issue will be solved with the new release and you will be able to enjoy the product to it's full potential.

Last edited:
Please do not make me stupid ...your mail start like this

"First up is the release of vBDownloads v1.4.0 Beta 1, a rewrite from the ground-up by our Programming Director Fillip H.. This version focuses on not only improving the code base, but also fixes all existing and outstanding issues with the mod - most notably the Flash uploader. This version features a new, AJAX based uploader, with advanced features like measuring network speed, ETAs for large uploads and of course progress bars. v1.4 brings 12 feature improvements, 17 changes and 6 fixes. .... To celebrate the release of version 1.4, we are offering a 14% discount on vBDownloads Pro for the next week! Simply enter the code Downloads14 in the coupon code box next to your chosen vBDownloads licence to receive the discount. ...."

I should shame to sell something like that to customers .... so many bugs and problems, database errors ...missing phrases ... text ... and more...

regards

bosss

Please do not make me stupid ...your mail start like this

"First up is the release of vBDownloads v1.4.0 Beta 1, a rewrite from the ground-up by our Programming Director Fillip H.. This version focuses on not only improving the code base, but also fixes all existing and outstanding issues with the mod - most notably the Flash uploader. This version features a new, AJAX based uploader, with advanced features like measuring network speed, ETAs for large uploads and of course progress bars. v1.4 brings 12 feature improvements, 17 changes and 6 fixes. .... To celebrate the release of version 1.4, we are offering a 14% discount on vBDownloads Pro for the next week! Simply enter the code Downloads14 in the coupon code box next to your chosen vBDownloads licence to receive the discount. ...."

I should shame to sell something like that to customers .... so many bugs and problems, database errors ...missing phrases ... text ... and more...

regards

bosss

Hi Bosss,

Thanks for your feedback - we go out of our way to note when products/releases are beta (as you point out yourself the email you received stated the release was a beta release in the first line). If you are uncomfortable with testing versions that are likely to have bugs we strongly recommend not testing the beta versions. We release them for customers who wish to help us with testing and fixing issues. In future I strongly recommend you avoid all beta versions if you are not comfortable doing this.

Beta products, by definition, are intended for testing. Here is a quote on the definition of beta software from Wikipedia:
Wikipedia said:
Beta
Beta (in other words prototype) (named after the second letter of the Greek alphabet) is the software development phase following alpha. It generally begins when the software is feature complete. Software in the beta phase will generally have many more bugs in it than completed software, as well as speed/performance issues.

The focus of beta testing is reducing impacts to users, often incorporating usability testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release and this is typically the first time that the software is available outside of the organization that developed it.

The users of a beta version are called beta testers. They are usually customers or prospective customers of the organization that develops the software...

When asked in the past the vast majority of customers said they prefer it if we make beta releases available to them, so they can choose to help with the testing if they want.

If you have any advice on how we can make it clearer to customers when a release is a beta release and to ensure they understand what a beta is I would be grateful for your feedback.

Regards,

Cosmic

Last edited:
I am not beta tester customer - i want final working product for my money. I can understand that always can be some issues ...but not so much issues and bugs like that in this case. You do not need send emails to me in future because i am not your beta tester.

You call you company??? Man you must read some more about companies and customers ..you can use wikipedia and hope when you will buy car or notebook you will not accept blank screen and answer from seller that notebook is with test software.... or car with test wheels ...

regards

bosss

I am not beta tester customer - i want final working product for my money. I can understand that always can be some issues ...but not so much issues and bugs like that in this case. You do not need send emails to me in future because i am not your beta tester.

You call you company??? Man you must read some more about companies and customers ..you can use wikipedia and hope when you will buy car or notebook you will not accept blank screen and answer from seller that notebook is with test software.... or car with test wheels ...

regards

bosss

Hi i'm not really sure what the second part of your post meant? If i buy a car and it says very clearly "Untested Wheels" on the car description, I'm not surprised if the car has untested wheels - equally if software is very clearly marked as a "beta version" I am not surprised if it is beta software :)

Regarding the first part, you can hit the unsubscribe link on any email we send you and you will no longer receive them :) We do not force anyone to install the beta versions - if you do not want to beta test our products simply avoid installing any beta versions :)

Regards

Cosmic

To bosss, I understand your grief and I been there before but what these guys do when they work together on a project is amazing... The 1.3.8 version of the vbdownload manager did work fine... My main beef is that I want them to keep working on what they make and I am always ready to test it! Just this fist Beta version vBDownloads v1.4.0b1 did in fact have some issues possibly with causing a few errors to spew out same with the next update but they are actively working on those issues!

There is no other Module community other then the one for vbulletin.org as a whole that spend as much time as these guys do building lite and full featured modules for vbulletin! I appreciate any effort these guys have pushed out and commend them on how they are more then willing to spend their own free time fixing stuff I goofed up with their stuff as much as they are committed to what they do best!

I know it's not fun spending money and feeling like you gave it away for nothing but this is not the case here as I have been committed to supporting these guys 100%! Many years ago when PHPNuke was the thing I committed to theme developers and Module developers and poured endless amounts of my cash supporting almost everything they made and they were always committed to their work same as the guys at DragonByte and I honor their work and praise them to my friends!

These guys are now moving into vBulletin 5 and I want to eventually have all this stuff moved over to it and will support it as well! Same if I moved over to xenforo which I am not mainly because I didn't like how they emerged had seen similar issues in the past with PHPNuke developers and vBulletin has survived through many years and latched on to them and never plan to switch...

The bottom line is they are going to improve on the vBdownloads and I am going to keep suggesting nothing but the best for everyone in the re-development of this module because it can be so much more and I trust it will now it is getting more attention!

Anyways that was my 2 cents...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDownloads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings