Status
Not open for further replies.

vividwarrior

Hi,

I have four questions:

1. Can vBShop use vBActivity points?
  2. Can vBShop use vBExperience points?
  3. Can vBShop use vBCredits points?
  4. Tell me all others points systems/mods compatible with vBShop.
  5. I have question related to vBShop, vBActivity and vBCredits, which forum is the best place to ask it?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes.
4. All of them that Im aware of
5. Ask em in this thread, it's fine :)

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes.
4. All of them that Im aware of
5. Ask em in this thread, it's fine :)

Thanks for the info.
What I am going to ask may be seems unreasonable to you because decision is upto me but still I appreciate if you could help me suggest.
In vB3.8 I was using vBcredits and vBExperience. I used vBcredits for its points donations between members because vBExperience was lacking this feature but now its there in new versions.
As I have recently upgraded to vB4, I am looking for awesome addons. I have decided to use all your addons because they are all looking very cool. Everything I wanted in specific addon is available in that addon.

Now coming to the point, I am confused that I should use vBCredits or not? Isnt vBactivity already using point system, then why there is any need of vBCredits? If vBCredits have any extra feature then shouldn't you enable it in vBActivity and remain only one point system. At http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/forum.php you have installed both of them. In this way by posting and other activities both points will increase???? And both can be used in vBShop at the same time? If they can use at the same time then what exactly the benefit is?

vBActivity in and of itself is not inherently designed to be used as a points system, it's an activity tracking and awards system. It just has support for its points being used in a shop mod.

Basically, the thing is this:
Do you want an activity tracking system? Use vBActivity.
Do you want a full-featured points system? Use vBCredits.
Do you want to only have 1 "Points" thing counting up? Configure vBCredits / vBShop to work with vBActivity's points. Else, configure vBShop to run with vBCredits' points.

vBActivity in and of itself is not inherently designed to be used as a points system, it's an activity tracking and awards system. It just has support for its points being used in a shop mod.

Basically, the thing is this:
Do you want an activity tracking system? Use vBActivity.
Do you want a full-featured points system? Use vBCredits.
Do you want to only have 1 "Points" thing counting up? Configure vBCredits / vBShop to work with vBActivity's points. Else, configure vBShop to run with vBCredits' points.

WOW! Can vBActivity poitns and vBCredits points be joined so that if 5 points increase by posting thread then only increase of 5 points show in vBCredits as well as vBActivity. And these 5 points are not 5 points of vBCredits and 5 of VBActivity (total=10) rather these are total 5 points. By this way both MODS have their features but their points are mutual. I may have misunderstood your reply thats why I want to confirm. Can both MODS work as I am saying?

Yeap, they can work like that =)

Thats the beauty of vBCredits, it's an amazing points management system. You could have 3 or 4 different points systems for different things, and vBCredits would let you manage it all =)

You could also do things like still allow people to gain different points with vBActivty and vBCredits, but have them spend those points to get say, "Shop points" which they can use to buy things - you can even set different transfer rates. So, for example you could make it so 5 Credits is equal to 1 shop point etc ^.^

It's quite incredible the flexibility the combinations afford really ^.^

Cosmic

Thats the beauty of vBCredits, it's an amazing points management system. You could have 3 or 4 different points systems for different things, and vBCredits would let you manage it all =)

You could also do things like still allow people to gain different points with vBActivty and vBCredits, but have them spend those points to get say, "Shop points" which they can use to buy things - you can even set different transfer rates. So, for example you could make it so 5 Credits is equal to 1 shop point etc ^.^

Cosmic

Hurray!

Thanks for all your help. This thread can be closed now.

Cosmic

Reading this makes me want to set mine up this way. But I already assigned everything to use vbactivity.
How can I make it so activity and credits are seperate again and that they need to use those to buy shop points?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back