Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Technologies

Company Information
Staff member
Company Info
So i'm debating what style to go with for background images. For ease of use and to make the best use of limited resources (see: time) the images will all at least be *based* on actual photographs I have/will be taking.

What i want to know from you guys is whether you prefer them as plain photographs, or with some slight photoshop stylisation.

Examples below.

Attachments

• SDC11971_resize35percent.jpg
    SDC11971_resize35percent.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 2
  • sunset_resize35percent.jpg
    sunset_resize35percent.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 2
  • SDC12683_resize35percent.jpg
    SDC12683_resize35percent.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 2
  • villageoutskirtsloch_resize35percent.jpg
    villageoutskirtsloch_resize35percent.jpg
    478.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
Stylized works better than straight photos. They wiyld have to be wow photos along with perfectly chosen settings to work otherwise. That's my two pence. :)

I think you should go with stylised, match the characters, like a cartoony effect.

Otherwise your gonna scare all the fisherman away from your nordic lake :p

s6n9yr.jpg

*Edit - Isnt it a fjord =D

Last edited:
There will, of course, be the option to upload your own ^.^

Loved the pic Freek, and technically i'm in scotland, so it would be a loch ;)

Stylized in some way is better IMO. Something that somewhat closely matches the style of the monsters. Thicker lines, less detail, etc... (of real life images).

I'm all ears if someone has a suggestion on what filter i should run the pics through on PS to achieve the best effect :p

I'm all ears if someone has a suggestion on what filter i should run the pics through on PS to achieve the best effect :p

I'm graphically retarded, so no idea. =) More than anything all I would say is something that at least goes in the same direction as the monster art style. It doesn't have to match, but should blend.

Ok, Try this.

1)Load your picture into PS.

2)Go up to Filter > Sharpen > Sharpen Edges

3)Now Edit > Fade Sharpen Edges > Set the Opacity High and use the Hard Mix option

110dq1e.jpg

Note: It all depends on the picture.

Heres another one ; same steps but I used Exclusion and Opacity @ 100% for step 3.

16k9ctk.jpg

I still prefer Vodka's though ;)

Agreed. Wonder if we could get some without watermarks... Wouldn't want to just cut them out tbh =P

Looked into them already actually (as i found when i was putting the address into my bar) Problem is it's all a website based service. For the volumes of pictures i'm looking at, thats quite unfeasable. Would need to be a downloadable program really.

Last edited:
Ive found another technique using PS.

Filter > Artistic > Poster Edges : Basically does the same as the befunky site.

4g2hdu.jpg
10h0d9k.jpg

I'm honestly only going to use custom backgrounds, so it doesn't apply to me... but I prefer the old school pixelated backgrounds :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back