Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick

Customer
Hi all,

Thanks again for a fabulous product which already is helping protect my forums!

Could I suggest the following items.

1) Would it be possible to watch or monitor plugin alterations, so that an email can be dispatched when a plugin is altered from a userid except the unalterable user in the config.php.

if they can inject a plugin it will just run and run and run and getting in to tamper with plugins and insert eval codes etc.

1a) Could you also add a scan the plugins for EVAL codes button that will allow the unalterable admin to scan plugins, and other known methods of injections or just plain bad plugin design?

maybe a little alert to say that this plugin uses questionable calls etc... please check it for safety

2) if a new admin is created it will notify the webmaster

3) if a new Moderator is created it will notify the webmaster

4) Also instead/as well of admincp passwords per user we could enforce a admincp wide global password-or have both. as once they are saved you do not have to tend to worry about them it would just add an extra layer of security for an INJECTED ADMIN - as he/she won't know the global password!

5) They generally want things like email lists, backups, put silly pictures of their achievement on your main page... could we protect these areas further with things like only access to email lists, backups, etc to unalterable users, or select userids.

Thank you very much for your time!

Mick

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It's sadly not possible to scan plugins via plugins, because they're stored in the DB we have no way to compare them to their unaltered states :(

Admin creation alerts would only work if they were created via the actual interface - it would not stop a malicious user from manually creating them via SQL queries, so that may diminish the usefulness of this check.

You can achieve the global password by adding password protection via a control panel like cPanel - it's done via .htaccess :)

Not entirely sure what you mean by #5 ?

Not entirely sure what you mean by #5 ?

Basically when they get in they want a few things, a backup or your database... or a email generated list...

would it be possible that say userid 1 (which is me on my forum) but this could be chosen somewhere?

Would be the only person that could use the plugin.php page or email generate list feature.

or even if you could add to the watch list.

Say watch

plugin.php
email.php

If these files are used a email is dispatched to the admin, but a block would be better to be fair before they can even use those scripts.

Thanks Fillip H.
Mick

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back