I will be very unimpressed if IB release a v5 within 18 months of v4. To me making customers pay again in that period of time is ridiculous, especially when vb4 took quite a while to become stable, and somethings are still rather unpolished.

It would absolutely harm my enthusiasm to keep vB as our primary focus.

I will be very unimpressed if IB release a v5 within 18 months of v4. To me making customers pay again in that period of time is ridiculous, especially when vb4 took quite a while to become stable, and somethings are still rather unpolished.

It would absolutely harm my enthusiasm to keep vB as our primary focus.

Stop looking for excuses to move to Xeno coding! ;)

But seriously, I thought the same thing when I read that. Any news about VB5 just means paying more cash, sooner. I mean, we're still bug fixing VB4's release... We really haven't gotten any new features to speak of, it's mostly been fixing crap....

Last edited:
I'm frustrated because of the high amount of basic bugs not yet fixed with the system. The attachment manager is mostly hardcoded CSS, the only bit that isn't is the color of the font. So my light text font on a light background makes it almost impossible to use.

I reported that bug back in 4.0.1 and it's still not fixed. I'm getting more frustrated, coupled with seeing XF daily and visibly moving forward. My only big issue is a CMS for XF. But if you guys here can supply one at reasonable cost... well it might not be so bad... :)

VB5? Ahahahah!

My only big issue is a CMS for XF.

IMHO is sufficient an official and professional bridge for WP/Joomla, with unique login, a decent level of integration etc.

Last edited:
Stop looking for excuses to move to Xeno coding! ;)

But seriously, I thought the same thing when I read that. Any news about VB5 just means paying more cash, sooner. I mean, we're still bug fixing VB4's release... We really haven't gotten any new features to speak of, it's mostly been fixing crap....

Xen, not xeno :p (just sayin, cause my day-job company is called xenomedia, so the xeno nickname immediately calls that to mind for me :D)

VB5? Ahahahah!
IMHO is sufficient an official and professional bridge for WP/Joomla, with unique login, a decent level of integration etc.

I vote for wp/drupal personally

Xen, not xeno :p (just sayin, cause my day-job company is called xenomedia, so the xeno nickname immediately calls that to mind for me :D)

Yeah, I keep getting that wrong, in my head I keep saying "Zen-Forno" for some reason as well, I'm surprised I was that close when typing it out. ;) It looks pretty badass, Just depends on the backend and featureset for me. Right now, I'm hearing a lot of people saying don't add feature X, because they don't need it and don't want the bloat. But they are all for adding the bloat on crap they personally want. For me, I'm for adding pretty much everything, just give me the ability to turn each thing on/off and I'm good.

Don't mean to thread necro, but this is pertinent. Seems vBulletin is being bought out. What does this mean? Nobody knows. But watch out for people jumping ship and Xenforo catching the largest number of deserters.

We've discussed this at some length internally, I won't go into great detail but we're prepared whatever happens :)

Good. because on or before October 1 I'm going to be pre-paying for Xenforo to let my tech person work on it. I'd love to be able to keep DBT products but since it looks like I might be switching core services....

Depending on cost, I plan on purchasing XenForo as well when I can. No idea when I'd actually switch to it (my current forums work just fine).

However, I'm not all that worried anyway, IB is getting bought, doesn't mean vB is getting tanked.

Depending on cost, I plan on purchasing XenForo as well when I can. No idea when I'd actually switch to it (my current forums work just fine).

However, I'm not all that worried anyway, IB is getting bought, doesn't mean vB is getting tanked.

It's $140, but the first 24 hours they have it at $100 as an introductory price (using the term pre-sale might bring back some horrible memories..). Due for release (as a beta) 1st week of october.

It's $140, but the first 24 hours they have it at $100 as an introductory price (using the term pre-sale might bring back some horrible memories..). Due for release (as a beta) 1st week of october.

Just read the thread. I'll probably pick it up just so I have a license for it and mess around with it. But ultimately, probably won't switch to it for some time (if at all). It needs time to mature, mods to be written, etc. Because as cool as it is right now, it's cool because it's new and the devs are involved with the customers. Ultimately, what'll make it worth a damn (to me) are the mods.

Just read the thread. I'll probably pick it up just so I have a license for it and mess around with it. But ultimately, probably won't switch to it for some time (if at all). It needs time to mature, mods to be written, etc. Because as cool as it is right now, it's cool because it's new and the devs are involved with the customers. Ultimately, what'll make it worth a damn (to me) are the mods.

We plan to have most of our bigger mods ported over the XF in 2010, and all of our mods by mid 2011 =)

We plan to have most of our bigger mods ported over the XF in 2010, and all of our mods by mid 2011 =)

Yeah, that's cool, but honestly, that's part of my issue with switching. Do I have the money (or desire to pay again) for the same mods I already have? Chances are, probably not. Which kinda sucks, but... I guess that's the way it goes.

Yeah, that's cool, but honestly, that's part of my issue with switching. Do I have the money (or desire to pay again) for the same mods I already have? Chances are, probably not. Which kinda sucks, but... I guess that's the way it goes.

Plan just now is to make it easy for customers to switch (perhaps with a small fee to transfer licenses etc. Whatever we decide it certainly won't require complete repurchasing =) )

By the way, I'm buying a license of XenForo on October 5th and we will be switching. Not sure when, I would switch as soon as the software goes gold if I could.

I'm grabbing it as well, but right now, it'll probably be time to renew my license before I could think about switching.

^.^ Still buying 2 licenses tomorrow. I'm starting to dislike the people around vbulletin to be honest.

Back