Bug Error and bunch of codes when not using Retrieve remote file and reference locally

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcEWoLF

Customer
Hi there, when I reference the files from an external URL (images) it gives me the following error:

error.png

Please ensure the following directory exists and its CHMODed to 755: /dbtech/vbslider/images/externalimages

If that directory doesn't exist, or permissions are not set properly, you can get that type of error. The garbage text you are seeing if actually the image being shown in text format.

Does that image exist in the directory? I will take a look at it this evening when I get home.

Does that image exist in the directory? I will take a look at it this evening when I get home.

Hi there, it's an external URL image, so I am not uploading it to the site.

But to answer your question, there isn't anything in that directory.

Hi there, it's an external URL image, so I am not uploading it to the site.

But to answer your question, there isn't anything in that directory.

The new script copies any external images to that directory to make it a local image, therefore the slider isn't depending on the remote server to be operating properly or the image to always be there. So the issue does seem to be a permission issue, as that line is trying to write the contents of the image file to a new image file on your own server. It may be an upper level directory causing the issue (such as dbtech/vbslider/images). As a test, can you see what setting the externalimages dir to 777 results in? Might have to try to work backwards on this one.

The new script copies any external images to that directory to make it a local image, therefore the slider isn't depending on the remote server to be operating properly or the image to always be there. So the issue does seem to be a permission issue, as that line is trying to write the contents of the image file to a new image file on your own server. It may be an upper level directory causing the issue (such as dbtech/vbslider/images). As a test, can you see what setting the externalimages dir to 777 results in? Might have to try to work backwards on this one.

I set it to 777 and it works now.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBSlider

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating