Legacy Duplicate Meta Description in Showthread with Multipage

Status
Not open for further replies.

northstar

Customer
On Showthread with Multipages is the Meta Description on every Page the First Post of the Thread.

This produces Duplicate Meta Descriptions and is not good for SEO.

Please change this and use the First Post of every Page for the Meta Description.

I mean it was in an old version of DBSEO them once.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is working as intended, because you want all pages of the thread to be related to the first post of the thread. Duplicate meta descriptions is not a SEO error, it's simply a warning that if two pieces of content are not related, they should also not have the same meta description.

Please make a Option into the Settings for this Function!

VBSEO used every time the First Post of each Page for the Meta Description.

I think I expressed myself wrong.

The advantage thus is that each side gets its own Content on Google.

We have many pages with Multi Page.

The fact that each side has the same Meta Description, we give away a lot of Content.

VBSEO and XenForo make this same and on every MultiPage the Meta Description is the First Post of each Page.

Look like here:

Page 1:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/welcome-to-xenforo-1-4-more-assorted-improvements.79604/

Page 2:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/welcome-to-xenforo-1-4-more-assorted-improvements.79604/page-2

Let's take an example:
A good tutorial has a First Post with a good answer that does not appear on the second Page in the First Post in the Thread.
With this function, the good response in Goolge would be better indexed.

I'll change this to a feature request, but I still believe this is a counter-productive feature as it means that other pages of the thread are not reflected as well in search engines even though they belong to the same thread.

Update: In the next version, I've changed it so that custom meta descriptions only apply to page 1. Page 2 onwards will be auto-generated based on the first post of that page, if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back