Status
Not open for further replies.

Head Roller

Customer
Hello

I have my Downloads module set to limit regular registered users to 5 a day, however, the limit is not being enforced.... What seems to be happening is that the system, on the 5 th download, continues to display a "downloading" screen, instead of going back to the " browse files" screen... but you can simply click back to the main download page and continue to download - repeating that process.

Any ideas?

I've applied a hotfix to /dbtech/downloads/actions/file.php in v2.1.3 that should resolve this issue :)

Ok, it does not work perfectly. LOL

I have the opposite issue now. When a Member purchases a Premium Membership, they are given an additional User Group - Premium. This is set up to remove the delay and allow unlimited downloads.

HOWEVER, what actually occurs is the new Member can SEE the Premium stuff, click on it and download... but they are still getting the delay and the limit.

That is due to a limitation of the vBulletin usergroup system. For such a set-up, please use a very high number of downloads like 65535 or hold down the 9 key for a few seconds, or something to that effect.

vBulletin merges "integer permissions" with a "higher number takes priority" system. 5 will always override 0.

The closest thing you can do is set your delay to 1 second for Premium users.

Alternatively, you could re-structure your usergroups so that Premium Subscribers leave the Registered Users group, thus they only have one group (with delay/limit set to 0). This means you have to configure all usergroup permissions and forum permissions twice, but it will solve this issue.

All other secondary usergroups should have delay/limit set to 0, so that only the Registered Users group will override them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDownloads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back