Bug Donation Bar not refreshing at the new start of the month

Status
Not open for further replies.

undertable99

Customer
Hello,

I have this issue for two months already after upgrade to the new version. Every 1st of the month it does not refresh and it takes around a day to go back to 0%. Some users have complained that nothing was shown after they have donate on the 1st day of the month itself.

Could it be a time setting issue ?

IIRC, looking at the bar as a user, it uses their time to show for the end time, but the bar actually resets it's self at midnight at the end of the month based on the server time.

So if you are looking at the bar, from a timezone that is 6 hrs ahead of the server time, it will look like it is the start of the new month, but when in fact it is not yet.

I would be willing to bet, if you researched the contribution times, you will find that this is the case.

Well no, changing the server time, would not do nothing for users in different timezones.

Well noted and thanks ozzy. Well i at least know that its normal. This has been one of the best mod so far generating our site with a good amount of revenue to fund the forum.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

What you can do is inform your members, to not donate, the second they see the bar change, or if one of them complains that the donation they made was suppose to be for the new month, is edit it from the contributions list, and change the date, for example, from 1-31-14 to 2-1-14, and that should reflect the change in the bar. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDonate

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
Mokonzi
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back