Status
Not open for further replies.

Protonus

Customer
Hi, I just downloaded and installed the latest version of this paid, pro version. I'm fairly disheartened to see the documentation is broken!

The documentation.html that came in the .zip file is all sorts of broken. The installation steps have no details, the steps just have the same thing as their section headings.

Sections like the post installation options have links that go no where, like this:
• Main Advanced Post Thanks/Like Settings {{{Link}}}
• Importing Buttons {{{Link}}}
• Managing Buttons {{{Link}}}
• Managing Forums {{{Link}}}

They're not clickable or documented.

Other sections aren't even filled out at all. If you click Post Installation Tips & Tricks, it gives you a section to click called Misc. When you do, it just says:
"Misc
Home Topic Previous Topic Next Topic Print this Topic
Enter any miscellaneous tips and tricks in here."

????

The readme.txt is better - but mentions things like:

"Configure your Usergroup settings by clicking "Manage Buttons" under
"DBTech - Post Thanks" in your AdminCP navigation menu, "

Except it doesn't have pictures, or tell you where those things really are. I am STILL trying to find this "DBTech - Post Thanks" section in my Admin CP Nav menu, and I'm not seeing it. I can't tell if I have a broken install, or just broken documentation.

I'm sure I will eventually find the menu I need to get this working, but I'm disheartened that we paid for this product and can't find any good documentation on using it !

Last edited:
try this one

I appreciate you trying but I'm not seeing any differences with those. The same sections are vague or missing that I need.
Can you tell me where the "Manage Buttons" option is supposed to be?! I can't for the life of me find out how to enable / configure this mod. I found the options under Settings->options for the main controls for the mod, but the readme makes it sound like the "Manage Buttons" is where the real configuration happens, particularly for usergroups.

I have this mod installed and I'm not getting postbit buttons etc.

OK, I found this link to the documentation from an old post:
http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/docs/advancedpostthankslike/
THIS version is less broken and has a lot more info and pictures. HOWEVER - per that document, I should have a menu named "DBTech – Post Thanks" in my left hand navigation.

I'm missing this menu completely - it does not exist. I've tried installing the product twice now and it installs OK, but still, no menu.

Any ideas?

Ugh, after reading for the last hour old posts on here, I figured it out. The user account in use wasn't set as a Super Administrator by ID in the config.php file in vB's /legacy/ folder.

Would be nice to see that mentioned as a pre-requisite in the documentation! Also, seems odd to require this, I'd like our normal admins to have access.

If you cant see the html then you either have a messed up files on your pc or an addon your browser blocking things

Unfortunately, vB5 removed the ability for us to make normal administrators have access. We opted to restrict it to Super Admins in order to provide a more secure environment for administrators to work under.

We submitted the feedback to the vBulletin developers as soon as we got our hands on vB5, but thus far they have not restored our ability to make normal admins have access.

If you cant see the html then you either have a messed up files on your pc or an addon your browser blocking things

I also had this issue, and I tried reading both the file that shipped when I purchased in January, the update I downloaded just now, and the file that was linked to here in:

Opera 12
Opera 20
FireFox 29
Chrome
MSIE 11

For me the solution was to just fish the link to the server out of the documentation file and take it from there.

AdvancedPostThanksLike documentation link

//for typo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Post Thanks / Like

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating