Status
Not open for further replies.

galerio

Customer
Hi,
I noticed that in my database there is a very large table named dbtech_vbactivity_pointslog: it is growing up quickly and it is now more than 500MB large. My entire forum database, without that table, would be of 100MB. Is there any chances to reduce that space? Or to archive the points from a certain date so that the log will start periodically to log again from zero?

500MB isn't very big at all, are you limited by database usage space in some way on your hosting plan?

Deleting historical data would cause a loss of functionality so unfortunately we cannot offer that at this time, sorry :(

If you're okay with losing functionality (such as the inability to browse the Activity Feed, and incorrect daily/weekly/monthly activity targets, and potential others) you can open phpMyAdmin and use the "truncate table" feature on that pointslog table.

Thanks, I'll try to do that, I don't need the activity feed and the other, so I will try to truncate the table (after a full backup!)

I have just truncated the table and my forum seems to not have any problem. Also the VB Activity web page is ok, with full list of Activity of my members. I'll keep an eye on, but by now I'm satisfyed.

The only issue a noticed (after I have truncated the table) are the pages of leaderboards (the flash chart is totally empty) and also the page about recent trophies is empty. Then the page about recent achievements shows only the first page, the others (page 2, 3, 4 etc) are redirected to page 1.
Anyway the system is still collecting points.

The great thing is that the cpu load of my database is lower. Lower is also the I/O of the disk. This makes me happy because I don't have to pay an extra to my host!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBActivity & Awards

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back