Status
Not open for further replies.

CoZmicShReddeR

Customer
I just got the mail from my forums a month after I sent them (07-04-2012 recieved it 08-01-2012)... Any ideas what would cause that?

I am using DBTech - vBMail 1.1.6

I am hosted on GoDaddy... Just wondering if it was there end causing it...

I am guessing it is a combination of things?

vBMail uses vBulletin's internal email sending functions, so if there's anything wrong with your forum then it couldn't be vBMail.

If you're running vB 4.2.0 you may have been hit with the new Mail Queue features. Go to Email Options in vBulletin Options and configure the settings there.

It could also be that GoDaddy has issues sending the emails, we've never been hosted by them or encountered anyone else hosted by them so I couldn't say.

I tried both Godaddy imap and default sendmail_path: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

Both send out mail right away but the news letter does nothing even sending to just 5 address's....

Like I said I mailed out a news letter a month ago and it never sent it till last night... I didn't look into it till yesterday and today because I was too busy working... Now I am digging into it and am looking all over for info...

I noticed this error when trying to force DragonByte Tech: vBMail - Collect Bounced Mail

Fatal error: Call to undefined function imap_open() in /home/content/47/9320747/html/dbtech/vbmail/includes/class_imap.php on line 91

I am still looking into this...

I have no idea either D:

If you're looking for a different host then we can recommend Hivelocity, we're hosted by them as you might imagine, and there's nothing but good things to say about their level of support and the skill of their technicians.

We've never had any issues with emails not sending properly with the server we got from them, so if your forum is big enough for a Dedicated or a VPS then it would be worth checking them out :)

If you do end up going with them, you can drop into their Live Chat and mention that you were sent there from DBTech, they'll cut you a good deal :)

Well I would take you up on it but I do run a dedicated hosting but it was primarily for our game servers and thought to move to another web hosting but hate rules! As it is everything is blocked and I cannot add or modify the php but am going to switch back to me hosting the website on the server again.... Just sucks if I have to reboot...

That's very true, the thought of having to re-do stuff you've spent ages setting up so it just about works the way you want it to... I feels ya on that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBMail

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back