Question db_tech impressions table is too large

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARSH

Customer
im trying to move my database to another server and the .sql file gets hung up on the db_tech forums impression table becuase its too large... what is db_tech forum impression and how can i reduce that file size?

dbtech_forumads_impression is the name of the database table to truncate if you wish to remove the impressions, although I would strongly recommend importing your database via SSH and not phpMyAdmin, so that this is not an issue.

Thanks for the reply Fillip. As it stands our table has 16885860 entries. The table is 1.1 GIG in size. This table alone is half the size of our entire database. Is there a way to purge/reduce the size of this table inside vBulletin? Could you explain how to reduce it's size if there isn't an option inside vB. Thanks.

You can call truncate table dbtech_forumads_impression via phpMyAdmin or the vBulletin Execute SQL Query interface.

OK will do. One last question before I truncate the table. Could you explain what this information is for? Is it needed for my site to function properly? Where is the information used? Right now we have banners on our site. When you click on them it takes you to the sponsors website. Our banners run for a given time frame. We do not track clicks on the banner at this time. Is that what this information is? The IP address of those people that clicked on the banners? I don't want to break the website by removing information from this table. If it's safe to truncate I will. Thanks again for your help.

It logs each impression your banners get, so if you do not use the impressions limiter and only use time, then it shouldn't affect you.

Hello MARSH,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Forum Ads

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings