• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

DB Shop Add-on, does it account for shipping addresses?

MJohns

Customer
Does the DB Shop add-on for Xenforo 2 allow the user to purchase physical products, and as such, they can provide a shipping address?

No, the Shop modification is not an eCommerce mod. The eCommerce mod used on this site will feature physical item support in a future version after initial release.

OK thank you. Any idea when that will be released? I'd be buying! :)

Or any idea of the custom cost to have the above implemented with shop? It'd probably be a simple form field - we weren't looking to grab shipping costs, or do any application calls to shipping carriers, just a simple field where a user can provide an address.

We can’t give ETAs for any feature release unfortunately.

Others have had luck using the Custom Item item type which supports 5 fields to be configured after purchase, and items can be set up to PM users upon configuration.

That’s not a recommended setup but I’m mentioning it as it is something others have used in the past.

Hmm, why not? Security issue? Bugs?
Because it wasn’t designed for it 😄

The eCommerce mod, when it gets physical product support, won’t require you to use shipping rate calculations (although it will support weight-based rates too), and it will collect shipping and billing addresses :)

Back