Question Days Registered Achievements, how to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelos

Customer
How can I create achievements for days registered?

I wanted to have one achievement for each year since registration.

I used to do this with "Days Registered" criteria, and you guys sugested me to use a different formula.

The problem is that I can't find the "Days Registered" option under create criteria.

What should I do?

Thanks

Have you made sure you've not turned it off in the points settings?

It seems like I did :) I don't remember doing it, but maybe it was to reduce the size of a huge table on the database.

Thanks as always Fillip H..

Let me use this thread than to ask another thing on the same topic.

I use the following criteria for users to get the 2 years award:
Days Registered > 729
Days Registered < 1095

You told me on another thread that I should use
Days Registered >= 730

By using your method, wouldn't the users with two years have both the 1 year and the 2 years achievement? I wanted them to have only one "years since registration" achievement.

It seems like I did :) I don't remember doing it, but maybe it was to reduce the size of a huge table on the database.
You can work around that by setting its points to 0, I believe. If that still increases the size of your DB, please report this in a new ticket as a bug, as this is not intended.

I use the following criteria for users to get the 2 years award:
Days Registered > 729
Days Registered < 1095

You told me on another thread that I should use
Days Registered >= 730

By using your method, wouldn't the users with two years have both the 1 year and the 2 years achievement? I wanted them to have only one "years since registration" achievement.
They would have both the 1 year and 2 years achievement, but they would also have 2 achievements if they first earn the 1 year achieve, then later earn the 2 year achieve. New achievements do not delete old ones, regardless of what your criteria say.

That's why it's recommended to use the >= method, since it will make literally no difference to the functionality of the product.

You can work around that by setting its points to 0, I believe. If that still increases the size of your DB, please report this in a new ticket as a bug, as this is not intended.

They would have both the 1 year and 2 years achievement, but they would also have 2 achievements if they first earn the 1 year achieve, then later earn the 2 year achieve. New achievements do not delete old ones, regardless of what your criteria say.

That's why it's recommended to use the >= method, since it will make literally no difference to the functionality of the product.

So I deleted the old one and added a one year achievement.

When will it be delivered to the users that have more than 364 days from registration?

The next time they perform an action that checks achievements.

You can also manually recalculate achievements via the Maintenance submenu action :)

Hello Marcelos,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBActivity & Awards

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings