Status
Not open for further replies.

Badger

Customer
Ok, had to DISABLE the Paid PRO version .... :(

We use a standard welcome thread on our site and have so for years. It's now reached 373 pages and something is happening with it that has never happened before, at least until we installed the PRO version of this mod ... ;)

As an Admin, when I select this thread to read, my screen clears and I get a white screen of nothingness, with the word DONE on the execution line.

Upon checking further, it also doesn't work for anyone who is a moderator. In other words, it doesn't seem to be able to be read by any usergroup 5,6,7 and all they see is that blank white screen. The thread is perfectly readable by any other usergroup, including unregistered guests.

If I simply turn this PRO version of this mod OFF, everything is fine and all usergroups can read the thread. If I turn it back ON, the once again, usergroup 5,6,7 only see a blank white screen, when trying to read the thread. It's repeatable and consistent, so obviously the mod has a problem with long threads? (a guess), but I have no idea why it would impact just usergroups 5,6,7 ... bizarre ... :confused:

Regards,
Doug

Edit: Found the pattern. Any usergroup checked off in the PRO version as being able to use the mod, is unable to view long threads. If you uncheck their ability to use the mod, the thread is viewable again. I suspect it might be a memory problem for their mod with long threads, but I'm no programmer, just a customer.

The length of the thread shouldn't matter because it's only looking at the current page when it processes. I'm wondering if maybe it has to do with the large amount of thank you's on the post itself. Which thanks mod are you using? I can download it and see if I can replicate the problem on my dev system.
Or maybe you can turn the profile hover back on, disable the thanks mod, check that thread and see if it works, then switch it back? Would be a quick way to just to test if that's the meat of the problem

Here's the thread in question ....

http://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=1083

It's been running for years without a problem and it only hangs since the introduction of Hover PRO, then only with any user group who is checked to be able to use it. Uncheck those user groups and they can read it fine.

I'll try and check the thanks issues tomorrow. I have to get to bed as I get up early at 4:00 am.... getting tougher for an old guy in his 60's ... ;)

It's the thank you mod we've also been running for years. Can't remember the author right now, but you'll probably recognize it when you click on the thread.

Regards,
Doug

I disabled thanks mod for the forum in question where this long thread appears and it made no difference ....

If I simply turn this PRO version of this mod OFF, everything is fine and all usergroups can read the thread. If I turn it back ON, the once again, any usergroup checked in the PRO mod to use it, only sees a blank white screen, when trying to read the thread in question.

Regards,
Doug

Could I get a temp admin account? I've done everything I can on my dev box to replicate the problem and I can't. I've replicated posts to get about a 300 page thread and I've added the thanks mod and added 200 thanks to a post and it's working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Profile Hover

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back