Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianC

Customer
I am getting ready to re-install Gallery. When I previously installed on test site I did not reinstall when I reloaded site because of issue I had with how the images would appear in the new images display box in CMS and Forumhome. The images would not load completely and the program just seemed to hang with a loading browser indicator. My question is that I had also enabled Cloudflare in my Cpanel portal which does a lot of caching. Do you know if there are any considerations for Gallery or any other Dragon mods and Cloudflare? I would like to use Cloudflare but obviously not at the cost of not having programs run correctly.

UPDATE: I did fresh install on my test site saviorspace.com and have this issue when viewing images. Pretty much the same issue as my previous install when I had cloudflare enabled.

gallery-problem.jpg

Thanks for you insight.

Brian

Last edited:
Which browser are you using? I used Chrome, Firefox and IE and they all showed the image correctly?

HKLJD.png

Which browser are you using? I used Chrome, Firefox and IE and they all showed the image correctly?

Just tried all three....There are issues with each browser. I also tried with two other laptops with the same results. (Half an image or an x like a broken picture in the top Chrome image) What do you think? Something is not working somewhere....
image-issue.jpg

Last edited:
Fillip H. Do you have any idea why this could be happening? It happens in both Vbulletin default template as well as custom. It also happens from 3 different computers in my house on a broadband Cablevsion connection. (No Bandwidth problems) I would like to figure this out as quickly as I can. Thanks

hmm, could you give me an account with the same access you have? I can't see that making a difference but I don't see what would be causing it. Is anyone else reporting having the same problem?

Dylan, It is my development site which is going to be moved to the permanent URL so the URL is not the same one as in my license. It is not being used twice, or at all for that matter :) So I am the only one fiddling around right now. I am sending a PM with complete login information. I also have a Photo Post license that I installed out of frustration of not getting this to work properly and it will be necessary to use that mod should I not be able to get this working. There is no issue with uploading, loading or viewing with that mod. It's interesting that you are able to view normally when I cannot see anything. I attempted to upload some gifs, pngs and jpgs as a test and all will not even display so much as a thumbnail correctly. I am on a LiteSpeed shared setup with MDD Hosting which has been a great experience on all levels. I hope you can come up with something because I don't want to abandon this but don't know what else to do. Just imagine the great feeling of accomplishment if you can solve this :) Maybe it is just so backend setting guys like you know about?

I will leave you with one final screenshot for your viewing pleasure! Note how the folder image does not even display correctly. Each time you refresh the page it is a different viewing experience.

dragon-gall1.jpg

UPDATE: Interestingly I am able to access the images normally from my work location. So the question still remains What could cause something like this to happen?? Is there something that can occur or exist on a service provider like Cablevision, a wireless router or some other source that can cause entire gallery pages not to load the images, right down to the small images that are part of the gallery program? The Dragonbyte gallery will not work correctly at any time on my Optonline Cable connection but all other mods, images and galleries load normal. I have tried loading this program on clean VB installs on other domains with the same results. Guess it's one for the books.

Thanks Brian

Last edited:
That's really weird. I'm stumped as to why your home connection wont see the images. I made a change so that it will show the thumbnail images themselves and not generate them through php. Let me know if you can see the thumbnails that way. Wont fix anything but maybe will help with my troubleshooting.

That's really weird. I'm stumped as to why your home connection wont see the images. I made a change so that it will show the thumbnail images themselves and not generate them through php. Let me know if you can see the thumbnails that way. Wont fix anything but maybe will help with my troubleshooting.

I can see the thumbnails now but that is it. I uploaded a pic and it appeared as broken image during the upload and in gallery afterwards. The thumbnail appears normal though.

milo1.png
milo2.png
milo3.png

So it's not images on the site, it's php generated images. What about on our site here? Do you have problems seeing the images in our gallery from home?

No everything here on this site runs normally. I am on a litespeed shared account. Seems to work everywhere fine but my home connections and will never work correctly here?? Weird stuff. Definitely weird stuff.

Happy New Year

Yeah, I'm kind of at a loss as to why it wont work from your home connection. I'm not sure what to test next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Gallery

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back