• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Status
Not open for further replies.

angus

Customer
It´s possible to integrate a function that cleans up the \images\signatures folder ?

After 5 days in use there are already more than 200 files! A lot of these are empty ones (because of clicking the "Preview Signature" Button before setting the signature parts) or other preview files.
And I´m not sure how many completed sigs are really in use!

It´s pretty difficult to delete unnecessary files manually!

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
There isn't really a reason to do this unless you're really hurting for disk space (and if a few MB would make a difference, it's probably time for an upgrade ;)) but we'll take it into consideration regardless :)

Do not be afraid ... There is enough disk space available.

But why entrain a longer and longer becoming rat tail?

A clean up function belongs to offer a good product.

Because it'll recreate all those files the second they visit vbsignatures.php so there's really not much point to "cleaning them up" :)

Do you think there is no way to prevent the addon saving an empty preview image?
More than 50% of files in the /images/signatures/ folder are those empty ones.

Maybe you can disable the "Preview Signature" button until at least one signature part is equiped?

It's more of a question whether spending the development time to code workarounds like that is justified by the end result, my personal opinion is that it's not.

I flagged it as under consideration so our product designer will take a look at it when it's time to release a feature update :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back