Status
Not open for further replies.

CoZmicShReddeR

Customer
I am not 100% sure it's because of this mod just yet but I been getting blank accounts appearing in my database!

I first disabled the mod a few days ago but they still appeared am not 100% sure it's the mod but it's the only thing I had that did anything to the registration fields but it could possibly be a anti spam protection thing not really sure...

I did notice when I upgraded from version 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 or it might have been from the Beta version 2.0.0b1 I just upgraded so not sure if it was the beta or the 2.0.0

What was going on was I had blank registrations so I visited the website to register and noticed nobody new was able to register at al and it just had a empty box and said verify email... This was happening after I upgraded to 2.0.1 so I shut if down... And I was still having the blank account being created so I just uninstalled the registration mod...

Sorry maybe I should have left it installed so you could look at it?

Anyways I am at work and will check it out try to re-install it again... See what happens.

What do you mean by blank registrations / blank accounts?

How did you disable the mod? Through the settings page or the product manager? I ask because disabling through the product manager would almost 100% assure the problem was not due to Advanced Registration, while through the settings page is less fool-proof as there may still be code executing from the mod.

We had blank accounts appearing on this forum as well, and we do not currently use Advanced Registration.

The blank box saying Verify Email is normal operational behaviour of the AdvReg mod if you have verification of email addresses before users can register enabled. Can you confirm this is the setting you have been using all along?

What do you mean by blank registrations / blank accounts?

How did you disable the mod? Through the settings page or the product manager? I ask because disabling through the product manager would almost 100% assure the problem was not due to Advanced Registration, while through the settings page is less fool-proof as there may still be code executing from the mod.

I hard disabled it in the programs area!

We had blank accounts appearing on this forum as well, and we do not currently use Advanced Registration.

The blank box saying Verify Email is normal operational behaviour of the AdvReg mod if you have verification of email addresses before users can register enabled. Can you confirm this is the setting you have been using all along?

Did you figure out what was causing the blank accounts?? ;)

So far I haven't had any but am sure I will get some later on... I was thinking it could be a spam bot trying to register and the Spam blocker might be doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Registration

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back