Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Technologies

Company Information
Staff member
Company Info
Just got the monster creation system installed in the ACP. so far so good. Hopefully i'll be able to tweak it and have a vid for you guys tomorrow (time permitting)

meantime, those of you who are curious how they will look, can check here:

9.png

10.png

feel free to change the number at the end upwards over the next few days to see what random stuff i have come up with.

first image is obviously just random parts and colours put together to demonstrate the system. Second one shows how it'll be used in practice.

Hopefully in the next 2-3 days we'll have the front end set up to allow for basic breeding as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe, nice looking pets. I have to ask, as you keep leveling up your pets, how do they transform so they look more powerful/older?

You will be able to unlock new body parts to use in various ways, and atm we plan to have a set of monsters which are only obtainable through breeding, which have a unique body and can use parts from either of the parent species. The images won't change only through levelling though - would be far too intensive in terms of art resources considering the amount of options/body parts there will be.

You will be able to unlock new body parts to use in various ways, and atm we plan to have a set of monsters which are only obtainable through breeding, which have a unique body and can use parts from either of the parent species. The images won't change only through levelling though - would be far too intensive in terms of art resources considering the amount of options/body parts there will be.

You have to admit, it would look amazing if each body part developed bigger muscles / look more developed as your monster levels up. A very sweet unique feature in your mod, for sure.

Would be cool yep. Would also require about 2 months of dedicated artwork with several artists xD

To put it in perspective, there will be roughly 200 images. Even if all of those only changed once, that still means 200 unique images would have to be created - and all made in such a way as their positioning works with each other regardless of the other parts chosen (e.g no overlap etc).

If an opportunity to do it falls into my lap though, i'll definetely take it =D

Last edited:
You have to admit, it would look amazing if each body part developed bigger muscles / look more developed as your monster levels up. A very sweet unique feature in your mod, for sure.

It'd be awesome for sure, but probably not all that feasible. BUT, that doesn't mean from this discussion other good ideas for making your monster appear badass aren't out there. =)

Could be that you get medals or something that are displayed next to the monster as well. Kinda like the old Galaga medals? I dunno, but just saying there might be other ways to "show off your badass" that would work. So... what can we come up with?

It'd be awesome for sure, but probably not all that feasible. BUT, that doesn't mean from this discussion other good ideas for making your monster appear badass aren't out there. =)

Could be that you get medals or something that are displayed next to the monster as well. Kinda like the old Galaga medals? I dunno, but just saying there might be other ways to "show off your badass" that would work. So... what can we come up with?

Would be cool if there was a Happiness, Hunger, Health, etc. bars in the monster's character statistics page. Hunger can be fixed by purchasing food with Credits/Points in the RPG shop. Health should be fixed with potions or hospital visits (small Credits/Points fee for this so members stay active to make sure their monsters stay healthy). Happiness should be part of Health/Hunger/etc. , if Hunger and Health is low, Happiness will be low. If Health is high but Hunger is low, Happiness will be somewhat low. Happiness effects Focus and if a Monster is not Happy, they tend to not follow their leader's commands and does its own thing.

EDIT: Monster's statistics page will also display its medals won as well. Would be cool to make it public so other members can see how well you treat your monsters. Jeez, all this would make this game ADDICTING for the members!

EDIT 2: Do you think there will be a TOURNAMENTS setup that admins can setup so member's monsters compete for the GOLD?

Last edited:
Tournaments are planned for v1.2 IIRC.

I'll look into the medals thing, see if we could do something along those lines =)

As for hunger etc... thats all part of v2, which will really focus on ways for people to care for their pet without actually having to play the game, and encourage people to post and be active around the forum more =)

Tournaments are planned for v1.2 IIRC.

Good to hear!

I'll look into the medals thing, see if we could do something along those lines =)

You guys should consider making achievements possible as well. Implement Monster RPG with vbActivity. That would be awesome! Would make vbActivity even more appealing.

As for hunger etc... thats all part of v2, which will really focus on ways for people to care for their pet without actually having to play the game, and encourage people to post and be active around the forum more =)

Yay. :)

Sounds good, I was going to suggest this actually. Just logging into the forums once every X days keeps your pet alive. Posting feeds it, etc. That way, they have a reason to return, but they don't HAVE to post. While I want my members to all post, many of them are lurkers who get the info they need from us. I'm ok with that.

Of course, they should also be able to buy things with credits that would allow them to do the same functions as posting, etc.

[video=youtube;xg0uhFt33oM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg0uhFt33oM[/video]

Enjoy =)

Still not complete & polished of course. Final version will have phrases for what everything is, and should have an updating preview of the final monster =)

Last edited:
I had to watch it a second time because I was busy looking at the multiple toolbars, the 9000+ new emails in your Gmail inbox, and the hundreds of stuff that was opened in your taskbar. xD

Looks good! Thanks for showing us a sneak peek.

Very cool! Needs a randomize button though. =) Randomly choose parts and colors. A checkbox for "Retain color scheme" so if you set it to purple, all parts are purple, but everything else randomizes. Not a big deal, just allows for quicker generation. =)

Random is already there. See where it says "mass add enemies"? That lets you set a few things, and then hit go and it makes em for you =)

It looks cool! Will there be a color selector available in addition to the manual color codes?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but can we add our own parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back