Legacy Autocomplete for mentioning users and hashtags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan_SP

Customer
Maybe this feature is already asked and to be honest, I don't know if it is even possible, but just to ask if it doesn't already exist.

Autocomplete feature, like there's already for thread tagging, or usernames when sending PMs, but expanded to all aspects of this great mod, i.e. mentioning users and hashtags.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This feature unfortunately cannot be added at this time, as (to my knowledge) it is impossible to implement it into CKEditor without modifying its source.

This would be a great feature for the mod. With all of the crazy user names members come up with, it would make it so much easier.
Hope it happens one day :)

This would be a great feature for the mod. With all of the crazy user names members come up with, it would make it so much easier.
Hope it happens one day :)

I just installed and was already dreaming about this......this has to be something that can be completed/implemented. Currently in VB if you are sending a Private message - it does have a drop down/auto fill name list you can choose from.

IE - our gaming clan tags are FfC. if I go to PM one of these guys and type in the "To field" - "FfC-" I get a list like this

FfC-Thisguy
FfC-ThatGuy
FfC-XXXXXX

And I can just choose one - so if VB did it, I know you can reverse engineer it =)

Lets have another crack at this feature as this has only been live on my site for 10 minutes and I already have 15 requests for it. It's impossible for users to remember how to type a member name 100% correct. Even more so if you have 100's of users.

This is more important then it seems and I'd be willing to be sales would jump if type ahead matching was advertised!!

Then when bored you can have it pull name and avatar for easy recognition - but this can we way out ;p

Thanks for making such quality stuff for this community! I'll be buying much more in the future!

Last edited:
I just installed and was already dreaming about this......this has to be something that can be completed/implemented. Currently in VB if you are sending a Private message - it does have a drop down/auto fill name list you can choose from.

IE - our gaming clan tags are FfC. if I go to PM one of these guys and type in the "To field" - "FfC-" I get a list like this

FfC-Thisguy
FfC-ThatGuy
FfC-XXXXXX

And I can just choose one - so if VB did it, I know you can reverse engineer it =)

Lets have another crack at this feature as this has only been live on my site for 10 minutes and I already have 15 requests for it. It's impossible for users to remember how to type a member name 100% correct. Even more so if you have 100's of users.

This is more important then it seems and I'd be willing to be sales would jump if type ahead matching was advertised!!

Then when bored you can have it pull name and avatar for easy recognition - but this can we way out ;p

Thanks for making such quality stuff for this community! I'll be buying much more in the future!

I second this. Let's get it added

I will wait in line for this ! :)

I have trouble, when the username is in "two" ex @one two - then the tagging dosent work :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back