Status
Not open for further replies.

EquinoxAW

Customer
Hello,

We have recently installed this mod, we purchased the pro version because we think it's an invaluable asset to our forums so kudos on the development of the software. Allow me to start by saying that we have only Dragonbyte mods in our site and a fairly recent fresh 4.1.10 vb install and our activity is virtually nil at the moment. Only about 12-20 users online and 50 members.

The issues we are having it the following.

When a user posts for the first time in the thread the post goes through fine and the user becomes live with the thread, then when a live post comes up and then you try to post again you get that message: "Changes made in the editor will be lost. Are you sure you want to leave this page?" every time if there is a live response after your last post. If you click "leave page" the post is made but the page refreshes all over and the thread is no longer "live" or updating through ajax; it only returns to ajax mode if you post something again right after your last post and there isn't any other live posts after yours. If you click on "stay in page" or close the window the post does not post and you stay right where you were in the editor. This is confirmed in our site with both the custom skin and the default skin by a few members and I and the only mods we have are from you guys and VBSEO that's about it. Please let us know if there is any more info you might need to help troubleshoot our concern.

Thank you for your time.

I'll attempt to perform the steps you described tomorrow, but I'm not sure there's anything I can do since that popup is controlled by the CKEditor which neither me nor Internet Brands are the developer of.

I'll attempt to perform the steps you described tomorrow, but I'm not sure there's anything I can do since that popup is controlled by the CKEditor which neither me nor Internet Brands are the developer of.

Thanks Fillip H.. It would really be a lot of help if you would try for us. Thanks for your time.

I attempted to replicate this, but was unable to do so :(

I am even unable to replicate this issue on your forum.

I attempted to replicate this, but was unable to do so :(

I am even unable to replicate this issue on your forum.

Thanks for the try Fillip H., although you didn't quite take the steps correctly. This happens after a live reply has appeared on your screen, after any new live reply if you try to post you get this message window. The perfect way to try this would be:
-Go to the chat thread here.
-Post anything
-Wait until you see a live reply from another member
-Now post again

After these steps, every time you'll get this window. It doesn't happen when you post after yourself. If possible you think you can find some time to try these out maybe see if there's anything I can do to stop these pop up warnings?

Any help we can get we would appreciate. Thanks for your time Fillip H..

I did do exactly that.

I had the thread discussing this issue open in 2 browsers. I posted one post, let it load on the other browser, replied in that browser, let it load in my "main" browser and replied in my "main" browser. I was still unable to replicate it :(

---------- Post added at 00:09 ---------- Previous post was at 00:01 ----------

Update: I just tested it again exactly as you described (as you can see on page 358 using forum default posts per page) and I was still unable to replicate it.

I notice you have your refresh set to a very low amount, seemingly 2-3 seconds. This is causing a strain on your server because currently, AJAX requests for new posts get piled on top of eachother. I have uploaded a hotfix to v1.1.1 of AJAX Threads - please re-download the zip file and re-upload only this file: /dbtech/ajaxthreads/clientscript/ajaxthreads.js

This will ensure that no further AJAX requests are made until previous requests have been completed.

To see the change, you may need to perform a Hard Refresh (CTRL+F5). This does not work on Google Chrome and you will not see the change until you either manually purge your browser's cache or Chrome decides to remove the file itself.

Let me know if you are able to replicate the issue after uploading that fix - it's entirely possible you only tested it during these periods of congestion. Congestion like that was not happening when I was testing it.

I did do exactly that.

I had the thread discussing this issue open in 2 browsers. I posted one post, let it load on the other browser, replied in that browser, let it load in my "main" browser and replied in my "main" browser. I was still unable to replicate it :(

---------- Post added at 00:09 ---------- Previous post was at 00:01 ----------

Update: I just tested it again exactly as you described (as you can see on page 358 using forum default posts per page) and I was still unable to replicate it.

I notice you have your refresh set to a very low amount, seemingly 2-3 seconds. This is causing a strain on your server because currently, AJAX requests for new posts get piled on top of eachother. I have uploaded a hotfix to v1.1.1 of AJAX Threads - please re-download the zip file and re-upload only this file: /dbtech/ajaxthreads/clientscript/ajaxthreads.js

This will ensure that no further AJAX requests are made until previous requests have been completed.

To see the change, you may need to perform a Hard Refresh (CTRL+F5). This does not work on Google Chrome and you will not see the change until you either manually purge your browser's cache or Chrome decides to remove the file itself.

Let me know if you are able to replicate the issue after uploading that fix - it's entirely possible you only tested it during these periods of congestion. Congestion like that was not happening when I was testing it.

Fillip H. thank you so very much for your support yesterday, I'm sorry I had to leave for an emergency but I got back today and I'm going to test this out more thoroughly tonight. I'll upload the file and let you know the results. Thanks again for your time, by far the best support I've seen in a while online, I really admire your dedication to your work. Talk to you soon after testing.

For the record, it doesn't have to be caused by AJAX Threads. It can also happen if there's an unrelated PHP or database error while posting, or if the AJAX request times out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy AJAX Threads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back