Company Announcement: Pricing structure changes

DragonByte Technologies

Company Information
Staff member
Company Info
Hey all,

Effective immediately, Lifetime licenses are no longer offered for sale for XenForo products. The new license lengths on offer are 1 Month and 1 Year. This change aims to not only build a more sustainable foundation for the future but also enable new customers to try our add-ons at a reduced cost compared to the existing 3 Months offering.

Our Terms of Service have also been updated to clarify that you can continue to run the latest version your license has access to, for as long as you want, with no restrictions, even if your license has expired.

vBulletin 3.8 / vBulletin 4.x / vBulletin 5.0 / XenForo 1.5 products have been flagged as "Legacy", as they no longer receive regular updates. All new licenses (or renewed licenses) for vBulletin will receive updates forever, and the costs have been adjusted.

Below are answers to what I expect to be the most frequently asked questions about this change.

Q: Why are you making this change?
A:
As alluded to in the introduction, offering Lifetime licenses is, to put it bluntly, not sustainable. I am very proud of the fact I have been able to keep offering Lifetime licenses for as long as I have. As you may have guessed from the fact basically no one else in the space is doing this, it's not a very profitable strategy, and unfortunately with the economy being what it is, I'm unable to keep taking that hit.

Q: Are you removing my Lifetime license(s)?
A:
No. Existing Lifetime licenses will continue to be honoured. This only affects new licenses / licenses renewed after today.

Q: Can I continue to run the software after my license expires?
A:
Yes. Our Terms of Service have been updated to clarify this. You can continue to run the latest version your license has access to, for as long as you want, with no restrictions. Please note that if you encounter bugs or issues, I may ask you to upgrade to the latest version of the add-on, unless the issue is a serious security flaw.

Back