Status
Not open for further replies.

sportainment

Customer
Okay,
So last week I admit I was a little bit pissed off when I saw that DBT had created a mod based on a free one, that looked to have only incorporated the thing I had been asking for help to fix for about 4 months.

However after blowing my top off, I sat back and looked at things and thought Okay they haven't let me down with the shop mod, they haven't let me down with the like/dislike mod, they haven't let me down in the other $350 worth of gear I have brought from them so I will give it ago.

And this morning I purchased the posttabs mod (and the profile hoverover but that is another issue in another thread).

So here is the issue, I have this nice fancy looking postbit_legacy layout at the moment, everything is well set in div tags, style tags etc however this comes in and absolutely demolishes it.

It is fixable, I know it is, well I have faith that it is ;) but I was wondering whether there was a template I am forgetting to look in where we can set how the information is displayed, and how we can get our own custom fields that I currently have displayed to be displayed on the new tabs.

I have things like country, gender, fav. sport teams etc however I can't work out how to get them to display on the tabs.

I also cant completly remove the credits even though i have ticked all options to no, and taken off the display stuff.

I just don't know whether I am missing something basic.

So here is the issue, I have this nice fancy looking postbit_legacy layout at the moment, everything is well set in div tags, style tags etc however this comes in and absolutely demolishes it.
You could try applying whatever style you have in your postbit to the dbtech_postbittabs_viewwrapper template. That's the template that encases all individual Views.

how we can get our own custom fields that I currently have displayed to be displayed on the new tabs.

I have things like country, gender, fav. sport teams etc however I can't work out how to get them to display on the tabs.
Simply copy / paste their HTML from the postbit template :)

I also cant completly remove the credits even though i have ticked all options to no, and taken off the display stuff.
If you're using my postbit-export.xml, you can get vBC inside a view by changing its hook location to dbtech_userinfo_right_after_posts in the Automatic Template Edits bit.

You could try applying whatever style you have in your postbit to the dbtech_postbittabs_viewwrapper template. That's the template that encases all individual Views.

Simply copy / paste their HTML from the postbit template :)

If you're using my postbit-export.xml, you can get vBC inside a view by changing its hook location to dbtech_userinfo_right_after_posts in the Automatic Template Edits bit.

Into what template? I can't find anywhere to add our own!

don't worry I am an idiot and have this fixed - the only issue is I cant seem to get the Latest Blog Title and Latest Thread Title to be from the separate entity it is at the moment to join in with the others - any ideas at all?

Last edited:
They are hardcoded to not have the large gap in between them since they are both one-liners, sorry :(

Damn can you update this thread if this changes - as with these hardcoded and the credits hard coded makes it hard to create a unique looking postbit when you can't really move everything.
Would be greatfully appreciated - thank you.

vBCredits isn't hardcoded, you can change its display location in the Automatic Template Edits section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Postbit Tabs

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings