• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Alan_SP

Customer
There are two mods with similar functionality and now I'm using this: Multiple Account Detection & Prevention - vBulletin.org Forum

But, both are unsupported and haven't been developed for some time. On the other hand, I think you could profit very much from making really nice and well done clone detector. Almost all forum owners need them. When you ban some really annoying user, you really don't want him back. Never again.

What I think that good clone detector should have:

- Detecting registrations and logins
- Independent options for reporting and blocking clones. For example, this mod could inform you about clones, or it could block clones. I want both options independently settable.
- Ability to move clone to certain usergroup, to permanently ban clone, to deny registration (something similar exist in this mode, but I couldn't use it if I want to get reports about actions)
- This also needs to have at least two type of settings, blocking clones of regular users and blocking clones of banned users. For example, I allow clones of my users, but only of those that aren't banned. If they are banned their clones get permanently banned and this is until their ban expires.
- Reports in new thread in forum we designate, reports in already created thread as new posts, or as edits of posts till certain post size (to reduce number of posts in that thread), reports with PMs to certain users. And I want ability to use all or just certain report types, however suites me. You could take a look how it's done in Advanced Application Mod, you could select different report types independently.
- Reports that notify about which accounts were detected and which actions were taken.
- Special database where all detections (registrations and logins) are recorded and available as forums clone report. This database should be available to certain admin designated usergroups.
- In this database we could decide which users/clones are banned, which are exempt from blocking actions, and this database is also checked if new detection is logged, so there are no multiple reports about same user's clones again and again (this is very annoying with existing mod)
- Certain users and usergroups could be protected from reporting and/or blocking actions, as well as they clone accounts (in aforementioned mod they are called child accounts).

- And this is probably the biggest feature: Integration with evercookies: evercookie - virtually irrevocable persistent cookies and Evercookie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know that maybe using evercookies could be problematic, but admins could decide to use them or not.

Back