Status
Not open for further replies.

ski-whiz

Customer
I just upgraded from vB4.x.

I installed vb5. I purchased the new Thanks version on here.

For some reason I am getting the links section messed up.

Even the links in that section don't work. Everything seems to be working on the new vB5. I can't figure out what is up. I checked the files are in the correct location, and even re-uploaded them.

Any ideas on what I can check or do to fix this issue?

Also, I can't seem to set the postbits to collapse. I get the long text in the postbit area.

db-thanks.jpg

I corrected my link. For some reason having my forums in the root folder didn't work correctly. So I had to move them to /forums.

I'm not able to see things ok. My only problem now is that buttons and postbits are showing up in posts.

However, when I go to manage the buttons in vB5, there aren't any, and when I try to add a button it says it already exists (because it did in vB4).

Seems like the vB4 version of thanks is messing with the vB5 version.

So I can't see any buttons (I can see them in threads, and thank people etc).

In the postbit, I can see the info. I can't however collapse the info (I have it set to collapse in the settings).

Any thoughts? I'm so confused with vB5 compared to the older versions of vb. Finding the issues are messing with my head. :D

Thanks for your help!

Please try clicking "Repair Cache". In most our mods, that's your first port of call to fix any issues like this :)

I just cleared the cache and the buttons are working (cleared it twice and it worked).

Any idea on why the postbit isn't able to be collapsed? I'm not even seeing the collapse image, or link. I haven't touched this postbit template..

One less issue I'm having with vB5.. :D

thanks for the help!

There is no collapse functionality in the vB5 version.

We're going to have to seriously re-think the way we implement postbit information (if at all) in vB5 since it currently does not fully support adding a slew of information like we're used to doing.

If you have a few minutes, we would appreciate it if you would create a review in our new review system.

Not only do we get invaluable feedback on our products, you also get $1 in free DBTech points to go towards your next purchase for every approved review you write.

When entering a review there is also a field to enter a link to your site so it's win-win. Points to get a DBTech product at a lower price and free advertising!

If you wonder what kind of review we are looking for, Cosmic created what he thinks is a good sample here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Post Thanks / Like

vBulletin 5.0.x vBulletin 5.1.x vBulletin 5.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back