Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelson

Customer
I want to charge fees for both Buy It Now and Auction listings. I created two fee categories in the Manage Fee area, but it is STILL saying "There are no fees for the listing"

What did I do wrong please?

Thanks.

Fee1.png

Fees.png

Final value fees are applied at the end of the listing, though it will try and estimate if you view a listing and are either a moderator or the seller, and will work on the prices of the item. So if you item is listed as 0.99, or 10.01, those fees won't apply to it. Does that sound like the case with your listings?

I changed the fees to "at insertion" and it still says "no fee"........

Also, what properly belongs in that Value and Range Boxes?

The Value is the amount you want the fee to be. If that's is 5%, then enter 5. If it's a set amount, such as $2.50, then enter 2.50.

The Range is the range of final value prices you want to apply this to. So if you want it to apply between 0.01 and 50.00, then enter those two values in the minimum and maximum slots.

I hope that helps. Let me know if when those are set up with that in mind it still doesn't show up and I'll be happy to take a look at your site if you PM me some details. :)

It does not proceed to PayPal to collect the insertion fees when the person first places the ad.
How are insertion fees paid? They have to be paid up front, so the forum gets their fee.

No, it doesn't proceed to PayPal immediately. Like with eBay, user's have notifications to pay their fees, and if a user was not consistently paying the fees, you could prohibit them from listing any items, or cancel their listings if it was necessary.

I assume you managed to get some fees working?

No, it doesn't proceed to PayPal immediately. Like with eBay, user's have notifications to pay their fees, and if a user was not consistently paying the fees, you could prohibit them from listing any items, or cancel their listings if it was necessary.

I assume you managed to get some fees working?

Yes, I got a flat fee created for insertions and auctions. However, fees need to be collected at insertion, or we will never collect them. The mod should go to Paypal so they can pay, thrn back to the listing. If people don't want to pay, they will just quit the forum.

You could set it up so that user's have to have their listings approved before they are listed on the forum. This would mean they would need to pay their fees before you would list the item properly.

I'll look into what you have suggested and see how we can implement some of the comments you've made in future updates. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Classifieds

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
Mokonzi
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back