Legacy Add schema.org structured markups to CMS articles for better search engine rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzcomputers

Customer
I was surprised to see that none of the articles in my CMS section are identified structurally by Google as being an actual article.

Under Google Webmaster Tools - Search Appearance - Structured Data the only thing that appears there currently (under a default vB installation) is Breadcrumb structured data. It would be nice to add structured markup data to articles to hopefully help with recognition and page rankings.

This page will show you with a test article where the template changes would need to be:
https://www.google.com/webmasters/markup-helper/u/0/

When articles are recognized it will create another line item on the Webmaster Tools - Structure Data page like below:

Google_Webmaster_Structured_Data.png

....I don't personally have any blogs associated with my vB installation, but I assume they aren't properly marked up by vB either.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I don't know if this is something we can do without massively reducing performance, but it definitely seems like the next logical step for DBSEO :)

Update: We're currently testing JSON+LD markup for our vBeCommerce pages here @ DBTech, if it doesn't show any noticeable difference then we'll hold off on implementing this en masse for the time being.

Currently, Google does not rank results with markup any higher in their search algorithms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back