Status
Not open for further replies.

tavenger5

Customer
I'm attempting to use another mod's existing points; vbexperience to be exact. I noticed that they are stored in two different locations. Once in the user table, and another in 'xperience_stats' > 'points_xperience'. However when I choose the xperience_stats as the Points Table the points do not hook up in vbshop. I'm confident they are there in the table under points_xperience. There is a userid in xperience_stats that matches with the user table. No errors are thrown when I save the currency. I have a prefix on my tables and didn't put it in the field for Points Table.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
What is your table prefix? I'll construct a couple of queries we can try to determine whether this is a vBExperience conflict, or a vBShop bug :)

Alright, if you run this:
Code:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS n_pointstest (
userid INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
points INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'
)

Then
Code:
INSERT INTO n_pointstest (1, 500)

Replace 1 in that second query with your userid. Then, configure vBShop to use pointstest as Points Table, and points as Points Field. Does it still show 0?

Alright, if you run this:
Code:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS n_pointstest (
userid INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
points INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'
)

Then
Code:
INSERT INTO n_pointstest (1, 500)

Replace 1 in that second query with your userid. Then, configure vBShop to use pointstest as Points Table, and points as Points Field. Does it still show 0?

This also displays at 0 in vbShop. It seems to be an issue with vbShop.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think something is up with this line in fetch_userinfo_query.php:

PHP:
$currencydata['tables'][] = 'LEFT JOIN ' . TABLE_PREFIX . $currency['pointstable'] . ' AS pointstable_' . $currencyid . ' ON(pointstable_' . $currencyid . '.userid = user.userid)';

I've been able to discover the source behind this problem and fix it :)

If you re-download the mod and re-upload /dbtech/vbshop/hooks/fetch_userinfo_query.php it should work now :)

I've been able to discover the source behind this problem and fix it :)

If you re-download the mod and re-upload /dbtech/vbshop/hooks/fetch_userinfo_query.php it should work now :)

Thanks! That did it.

However, now I have a new problem. Members cannot buy anything with those points. Every item says "Insufficient funds" even though they do have enough, and it is the only currency. I checked the items and they have that currency selected. Any ideas about that?

I am unable to replicate this issue. Can you please PM me with an FTP and AdminCP account?

Okay, I figured it out. I had to go through and save each item. I guess if you remove the currency associated with the item, the reference is lost despite the item saying that it's configured with a new currency.

womp, looks like the admincp, specifically on a user's profile, is having the same problem that the front facing pages did with the 0 amount for points.

Last edited:
I've added another hotfix to three files which should fix this, if you re-download and re-upload the mod it should work now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.