Status
Not open for further replies.

CBI Web

As the title says, the Currency menu is missing after installing 4.2.0. I understand the new Navigation Manager is the most likely cause. How do I get the menu back? It's more than a regular menu item, so it can't actually be added via the Navigation Manager.

When I posted this I was working with a test board, but the admin of the live board said go ahead and upgrade, so I did, but had to manually add a basic Currency menu as a temporary fix. Please let me know first chance you get on how to bring back your menu, with much better functionality. :)

Last edited:
You can upload this plugin to your plugin manager (not the product manager) which should restore that for you :)

Thank you. I uploaded it, and I see vBCredits II - Navtab vB4.2 in the list of plugins. It is active. But the menu is still not showing up in the navigation. :( It's not the Transactions tab I'm looking for, it's the Currency menu.

Ah, I think I know what you mean.

Navigation menus changed in vb4.2, which breaks that vbcredits view. I will have to redo it, which will take me some time. Sorry about that - ill look into it soon.

Darkwaltz4 Im having the same problem.
Is there any solution to show the currency menu?

If I click on the link mentioned above I get a "no permission" message :(

Best regards

That is because that post is in the Pro support forum, here is a C/P of it.

The Navbar display will only work for the navbar template. For the header, a new display is needed.
Unfortunately, displays require a lot of supporting code, which is why they aren't user-creatable from the admincp.
But for you, I've put this together - vB4 only:

1) Add the template "credits_display_header":
HTML:
<li class="popupmenu notifications">
    <a class="popupctrl" href="credits.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[currency]</a>
    <ul class="popupbody popuphover">$currencies</ul>
</li>

2) Add the template "credits_display_header_row":
HTML:
<li><a style="padding-left: 40px;" href="credits.php$session[sessionurl_q]" rel="credits-$currency[currencyid]-$user[userid];$user[username]"><span>$useramt</span> $currency[title]</a></li>

3) Edit your "header" template, find:
HTML:
<li class="welcomelink">{vb:rawphrase welcome_x_link_y, {vb:raw bbuserinfo.username}, {vb:link member, {vb:raw bbuserinfo}}}</li>

add this ABOVE it:
HTML:
{vb:raw template_hook.header_credits}

4) Run this query (include your table prefix on credits_display as applicable):
Code:
INSERT INTO `credits_display` (`displayid`, `title`, `description`, `currencies`, `combine`, `combined`, `main_template`, `row_template`, `hookname`, `customhook`, `showpages`) VALUES ('header', 'Header', 'Persistent at the top of everything, for the currently logged in user.', 'a:0:{}', '', 'a:0:{}', 'credits_display_header', 'credits_display_header_row', 'header_credits', 'header', '');

5) Visit the Automatic Template Edits link in the vBCredits menu in the admincp and click the Save Active Status button. The new Header display should appear in the list if it wasn't already.

6) Add the active plugin "vBCredits II - Header Display" on the parse_templates hook with this code:
PHP:
VBCREDITS::display('header', $vbulletin->userinfo, $template_hook);

Now, you should notice a dropdown for currencies in the forum header, next to the notification dropdown.
Feel free to move the header_credits template hook around within the header template, as well as modify the credits_display_header/_row templates, the display's settings, etc.

Very nice, thank you! And yet I must bother you with a strange bug after installing v2.1.0....

I installed the upgrade on our test board, and there the Currency menu works perfectly, yay!
The test board is an exact mirror of the live board, but when I installed the upgrade on the live board, the menu is broken. :( See the attached screenshot. Would you have any idea why this would happen?

Attachments

• Currency_broken.png
    Currency_broken.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 22
Could you please start a new thread as the OP was handled, the developer won't get ny notification of a new post in this thread, thanks. ;)

Thanks, Ozzy. I was going to start a new thread when I discovered that the issue does not happen with my forum's default skin, so it's obviously something about the custom skin that's causing it. So there's really nothing you guys can help with after all. :)

It won't hurt to post it and let him know it does not happen on a default skin, he may be able to point you in the right direction on what to do to be able to fix it.

Its fine, you can keep it here as it is related. Do you have any edited vbcredits templates? If so, they would need to be reverted.

Thanks guys. I did check the vbcredits templates but none were edited in any way. My next stop was to check the navbar_tabs template, and for some reason it was using older code! I suspect it's because of someone else who made changes to make our site validate in the W3C validator. But once I reverted that template, everything worked perfectly. Problem solved. :D (the site no longer validates, though, LOL - but that's nothing to do with vBCredits.)

Oh, and congrats on the new baby, Darkwaltz!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.