Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

A couple of my users have complained they are not getting notifications when they are mentioned anymore. I thought this was strange, as I am still getting them.

I couldn't see any permission options for notifications anywhere. Is there something I'm missing?

This started happening after I last updated.

They are also complaining that the 'history of mentions' only shows what they have mentioned...not when they have been mentioned.

Seems strange it works for admin and not for others.

I must be missing something very simple!

Cheers
Rowan

That's not the question - when someone else mentions them, it's those mentions I'm interested in :)

If they have turned off receiving mentions from people other than friends via their UserCP, that could be a reason.

There's 3 possible reasons why a mention notification would not be sent:
1. Usergroup the member belongs to is set to Excluded in the Usergroup permissions
2. The user is set to Excluded in the Manage User page
3. The user has chosen to only receive mentions from confirmed friends, and the mentioner is not a friend

Since we've eliminated 3, can you check 1 and 2?

Thanks for your reply.

I checked those before posting here. The user group is not set to be excluded and members who it isn't working for isn't excluded.

Ok, now it's getting weird. The two users who advised it wasn't working put the call out to a few people via mentions and they all worked.

Thing is, most of these people are in the same usergroups.

I compared their individual settings in User CP and nothing is checked in the options section.

Checked both users and neither are excluded.

Can provide access to my forum if you need it.

Here's the post where they are talking about it:

Notifications for mentions are borked.

Disregard....all fixed.

Turns out one of my other admin added these two users to a secondary usergroup for something which I didn't realise had the usergroup set to 'exclude'

I knew it would be something simple.

Sorry to waste your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced User Tagging

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating