iNF3RN0

Customer
Before I buy vboptimize pro I have few questions to ask:

1 -What is the server requirements for vboptimize pro? and what's the best cache system for it? I know it can work with various cache system but I would like to know the one which the developer recommend for it.

2 - Is it fully compatible with the latest vbulletin 4 release and other plugins like Facebook bridge, vbshoutbox pro, vb mood, itrader etc?

3 - How much % difference it made as a overall on vbulletin in terms of speed and resource saving?

4 - Is there any discount available for the existing customers? I own the vbshoutpro license as well :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Bilal

I'll leave the first 3 for Deceptor to answer, but in regards to 4:

There is currently no discount available, however the price of vBO will be increasing in about 3 hours. Just a heads up =)

Hey there :)

In regards to your questions...

1) The only server requirement really is that you have a cache extension (although the fall back is Filecache, but this is by far the least effective). On vBulletin XCache/Memcache are probably your best options (vBulletin itself can integrate with these too).

2) Yes, and also vBulletin 3.8.5. The only known conflict at this time is with vBET and guest caching, but hopefully vBET are rectifying the problem :)

3) Depends on the page being served and who it's being served to. Guests will get pages served to them with 80-90% PHP/MySQL reduction, users won't see the same impact but it can range from 3-60+ queries saved (impacts are greater in the vB4 CMS/Forum Sidebars if you have them).

ok ordering...just a final question, is Xcache is better or memcache?

There's really no "better", either may perform better on your server. But these two are pretty close so there is no difference other than Memcache is a server and can run the same cache across multiple nodes.

Back