vB Optimise Pro 2.3.0 Update

Deceptor

Former Developer
The latest update to vB Optimise brings some bug fixes to resolve some issues and a number of new features.

New Features

- Cache Showgroups Query (saves your forum 1 query which can be intensive)
- Forum Display Query Enhancement (adjusts a stock vBulletin query to be more effecient)
- Cache Forum Home WOL (saves your forum 1 query which is intensive on your forum homepage)
- Guest Caching Comment (display a html comment with mysql queries saved/page generation for guest caching if desired)
- Expanded Footer Information (displays MySQL/PHP % reductions next to the branding if you wish)
- Alternate Flushing (an alternative system to handle flushing for users who aren't savvy with XCache/eAccelerator installations/setups)
- Global Cache TTL (provides a global cache TTL so all vB Optimise cache expires after set time, handy for large sites with Memcache/WinCache so cache size doesn't grow too large)

Bug Fixes
- Multiple guest styles/languages no longer conflict with Guest Caching
- Workaround for bug in WinCache 1.1 Beta 1 for PHP 5.3 on IIS on x64 (doesn't apply to WinCache 1.1 Beta 2 or PHP <5.2 or non-64 bit)
- Removed template compression feature, it was unused and potentially buggy and gave near 0 benefit

Existing Customers
- Branding Free Licenses have been granted to all existing customers

We hope you enjoy the update!

I wont be upgrading, not since you added a link back, pretty sly if you ask me adding it now after you got my money.

How about vBET integration? I was thinking about buying vB Optimize, but not till it works with vBET, sorry...

PS
What if every plugin had a link-back?

I wont be upgrading, not since you added a link back, pretty sly if you ask me adding it now after you got my money.

I'll let Cosmic our Project Manager respond to that, I'm just the programmer :)

metp said:
How about vBET integration? I was thinking about buying vB Optimize, but not till it works with vBET, sorry...

PS
What if every plugin had a link-back?

All known vBET conflictions have been resolved, the only one still occuring is something we cannot fix on our end and it only impacts redirecting back to the default language in threads (thread titles won't translate back to the default language), the conditions for the bug require vBSEO/vBET Pro.

I'll let Cosmic our Project Manager respond to that, I'm just the programmer :)

All known vBET conflictions have been resolved, the only one still occuring is something we cannot fix on our end and it only impacts redirecting back to the default language in threads (thread titles won't translate back to the default language), the conditions for the bug require vBSEO/vBET Pro.
Have you spoken to NLP-er? I've got both (vBSEO & vBET 4.x)

Have you spoken to NLP-er? I've got both (vBSEO & vBET 4.x)

Not directly, I'm waiting on feedback from a customer regarding the issue who has been helping me with the issue. Failing that I will be contacting the developer again however :)

Does any of this apply to 3.8?

All the new features apply to 3.8, including bugs too :)

Going revert the upgrade, and leave it if the link back will stay in future realeases.

Also the brand free price should be lowered in my opinion...

Going revert the upgrade, and leave it if the link back will stay in future realeases.

Actually you should have Branding Free now. Seems we made a mistake yesterday and all existing customers were meant to get branding free licenses. Cosmic is sending out the email now :) Sorry for the inconvenience.

3 months price is a joke... $70 compared to $90 per year... It should be around $40.

Couple of points:

#1 it's $70 vs $100 (All for constructive criticism, but please at least get your figures correct)

#2 The pricing is designed to allow people who cannot quite afford the year/owned versions to grab this one temporarily - TBH we're not trying to encourage people to buy the 3month licenses, They were added to resolve a problem a few customers were having, not to get us more sales =)

#3 All of the 3 month licenses are prices in the same way - 1/3rd cheaper than the year license.

Hope that clears that up for you, Thanks for the feedback.

Gumble said:

Hybrid said:

I'm resolving the branding free issue as we speak, it was the result of a mix up in communications (My fault, I do apologise) Look out for an email arriving explaining the situation shortly =)

Couple of points:

#1 it's $70 vs $100 (All for constructive criticism, but please at least get your figures correct)
#3 All of the 3 month licenses are prices in the same way - 1/3rd cheaper than the year license.
To be exact 2/3 of $99 is $66 ;) This sounds weird, if i can afford $69 per 3 months how on earth I could not afford $99 per year?

To be exact 1/3 of $99 is $66 ;) This sounds weird, if i can afford $69 per 3 months how on earth I could not afford $99 per year?

It wasn't designed to be implemented for vBO specifically. I believe it was originally for vBA, where a customer only had a limited amount of money available from his ad revenue. This was the solution i came up with =) We decided to run it across all the products just in case someone else was similarly affected.

Although it's not much to you, that extra $30 can be a lot of money for smaller sites who rely on ad-revenue to purchase things like mods ^.^

any updates to this product lately?

No version changes as of yet, there's only so much that can be cached (that has any impact) and vBO is handling 99%, I do keep reviewing vBulletin inside-out in my spare time to find spots of performance vBO can potentially improve and once I have enough they'll be placed in and an update will be released - but if these aren't found then an update won't be required. Always open for suggestions though if you know of places where vB is slow or creates load :)

Mhh you can take ispiration for this mod (it declares a 50% reduction in CPU load).

IMHO vbo can be useful for reduce un-necessary html/js...vb 4 is very slow.

No version changes as of yet, there's only so much that can be cached (that has any impact) and vBO is handling 99%, I do keep reviewing vBulletin inside-out in my spare time to find spots of performance vBO can potentially improve and once I have enough they'll be placed in and an update will be released - but if these aren't found then an update won't be required. Always open for suggestions though if you know of places where vB is slow or creates load :)

It would be great to see a feature to handle CDN implementation. Not only do using CDN's speed up sites, they also can take tons of load off of servers since they no longer have to serve up files. The basic functionality would allow the user to input separate alternate base URL for images, js, css, etc. It would be really nice if it could also upload attachments/avatars to a CDN, like Amazon S3/Cloudfront and have them served from the CDN. I think there's a lot of people out there that would really like this, especially those that wanted CDN support as a feature in vBulletin.

Maxi - vBO already implements Guest Caching like lbcache, albeit better since we're not limiting you to file system caching which shifts strain to I/O on dissk but opcachers so I/O is moved to RAM which is about as good as it gets.

tavenger - Thanks the idea, CDN implementation has been lacking in vBulletin for as long as I can remember and there's no easy way to simply set the URL of your CDN in vBulletin. Would you be looking for simply URL inputs to certain content you want on a CDN (like mycdn.amazon.com/images) or something further?

Back