Bug Unique Item giftable to user already owning the same Unique Item

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Unique Item can be gifted to user already owning the same Unique Item, allowing for a user to have two or more of the same Unique Item in their inventory at once, bypassing the Unique restriction. Just purchase the item on one account and have another account buy the same item on their account and gift it over to the original account.

On vBShop, a unique item gift was blocked when sent to a user who already owned the item with this message: "You cannot gift this item to your chosen recipient, because it is a unique item, and the recipient already owns it."

This should be resolved in the next version.

Can you please fix the archive installer support on the test site so I can upload the fix?

I've implemented the fix(es) on the test site now, let me know if there are any further problems.

Both bugs do appear to be fixed, thank you. :)

Unrelated: I saw your posts about Lottery draw history on the XF boards -- I'm not seeing this feature at all, nothing below the main lottery info box. Can you see it on our test site? We were actually planning on submitting a feature request for such a feature so I'm pleasantly surprised to hear this already exists.

Last edited:
I've discovered the issue preventing lottery history entries from being inserted. I'll resolve this and re-create the lottery history in the next version.

Given all of the bugs being fixed I think we can call the next version RC1, so I'll use the remaining beta version numbers available to make any further database updates before it'll be released.

Edit: I've added the interim Beta 7 version to the test site.

Last edited:
Wasn't sure if it was worth opening a new thread for this -- the Alert for having an item gifted to you is no longer working in the latest version as far as I can tell. At first I thought this was a bug with a specific type of item but I have tested with an Only Giftable item, an Unique Item, and a regular item with no success on any.

EDIT: With more testing, the bug only occurs on gifs sent via Checkout -- alerts are working when gifted from inventory. I don't know if this was always an issue or only in the latest version.

Last edited:
Fixed that in the next version, I'll add it to the test site when there's a bigger set of changes to be tested.

Hello @fearmywrench,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Shop has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Shop

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating