Bug Top 5 - Block change dropdown problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ptah

Customer
None of the three dropdowns to change the block type have any effect. When clicked, the list to change block type drops down, but clicking on an item has no effect -- the list stays open, and nothing happens. In order to get the change to take effect, I have to use the "reload" thereafter....

Tried rebuilding cache, tried on different browsers, all the same.

Help?
Thanks.

I'm seeing on your forum that the following piece of JavaScript code is causing an error:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function()
{
    jQuery('.blink').blink();
});
</script>

You may wish to investigate the source of this snippet and disable that modification, then try again :)

Thanks for your reply, but I'm confused....
I don't see any script errors in any consoles (in any browser), as such.
Moreover, I can't find any such a script on my forum... I presume you were on the forumhome when you saw this? I can't find anything there like that.

Meanwhile... FWIW, I get the same behavior even on your own forums here, in any browser. I select a dropdown from one of the three columns of the "Top 5" panel, I see a list of options, but when I click one nothing happens -- the list remains, nothing updates. However, if I use the "Reload" manually, it will then change to the item I had clicked before.

I'm not sure what's going on...

Last edited:
Update -
I see what caused that script and error -- I believe it is your own mod, SuperPMs with the Notification switched on.

My theory: you saw it because as a new users on my forum, you had a new PM from the system, and so there was a notification. SuperPM's "Notification" feature was turned on, and it seems to write out that blink() script only if there is a new unread PM for a user, which in turn causes the script error. I turn off SuperPM Notification features, and suddenly that script is never written.

Anyhow, back to this Top 5 issue, I see with or without that script, with or without a SuperPM notification of unread PM, the Top 5 dropdowns do not work correctly. Not on my forum, and not even here? Not in any browser I've tried (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera).

I can confirm the issue, I'll post back when I have a solution available :)

Update: I have added a hotfix to v2.2.1 that should resolve this issue. You can re-download that version and re-upload /dbtech/infopanels/clientscript/infopanels.js to resolve the issue :)

You may need to clear your browser's cache after re-uploading that file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy InfoPanels

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back