• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Question Signup on user registration not visible

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's correct.

You would use the "Default Subscribed" flag in your mailing list settings, which will auto subscribe users to the emails.

For users who wish to sign up after the fact, they will need to click Mailing Lists in the navbar and sign up via that page.

When a user registers if they opt out of emails will dragonbyte not send them the weekly digest? Is the xenforo system db for email signups compatable with dragonbyte.

I'm registering and selecting that I do not wish to receive emails on the register page and when I go to mailing lists im still automatically subscribed to the weekly digest.

How does the weekly digest work?
Users can choose their frequency via their user profiles.

When a user registers if they opt out of emails will dragonbyte not send them the weekly digest?
Correct, if they opt out of the "Receive site mailings" setting during registration or at any given time, DB Mail will no longer send them any mailing list emails or weekly digests.

I'm registering and selecting that I do not wish to receive emails on the register page and when I go to mailing lists im still automatically subscribed to the weekly digest.
That is correct. The "Receive site emails" box overrides the subscription flag.

Ok so just to make sure even though it says I'm subscribed to the weekly digest if I have not subscribed to emails when registering my account I will not receive the weekly digest.

Thanks for your help I greatly appreciate it.

Ok so just to make sure even though it says I'm subscribed to the weekly digest if I have not subscribed to emails when registering my account I will not receive the weekly digest.
That's correct. The reason why toggling "Receive site mailings" doesn't toggle our subscription flag is that I want to preserve the subscription state for if the user ever turns mailings back on.

This may change in a future version, but if it does, I would offer the same email opt-out / opt-in flags during registration as XF2 does.

Hello @nicoloaw,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Mail has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Mail

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating